Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thoughts on a NV4500, to replace runout NV3550?

Quote Originally Posted by bigcale View Post
    Basically the same thing I did to my CJ years ago. Bolted to the back of my 4.2 and clocked my dana 300. The 5.6 to 1 1st gear is great great off road.
    I can’t wait. It’s been a journey, but I’m starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler
    2015 JKU Rubicon AEV JK350
    1985 Jeep CJ8 Scrambler

Nothing but a Thing Snboarder113's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wjtstudios View Post
    It’s very serious. I thought Wayalife was my jeepers anonymous 🤣🤣

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
    1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Quote Originally Posted by jdofmemi View Post
    This☝️☝️☝️
    Nah, this isn’t a get well program. This place is like going to a dealer for some weed and instead he up sells you into some delicious heroine instead.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

So..... I did some research and found Advance Adaptors has the kit with everything needed to do a swap. They can even include the transmission, if you want. Trouble is... the kit is $958. The trans adds $2400. If I spent that, I would need both Jeepers Anonymous, and marriage counseling. Especially after what I've spent on the YJ.
    Notes on the kit did say, you have to cut on the floor of your Jeep. I'm thinking a body lift would eliminate that need.
    Kuboske
    To GOD be the Glory!

Thoughts on a NV4500, to replace runout NV3550?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    So..... I did some research and found Advance Adaptors has the kit with everything needed to do a swap. They can even include the transmission, if you want. Trouble is... the kit is $958. The trans adds $2400. If I spent that, I would need both Jeepers Anonymous, and marriage counseling. Especially after what I've spent on the YJ.
    Notes on the kit did say, you have to cut on the floor of your Jeep. I'm thinking a body lift would eliminate that need.
    Yeah they’re commercial duty, and come with a price that matches. Checkout jasper / weller / valley truck parts remanufactured prices. Their core charges are normally pretty high as they need them to rebuild and I doubt they’ll give you full credit for your old lighter duty nv. Just don’t tell the wife you could’ve just rebuilt the old one for 500 bucks, she doesn’t need To know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Snboarder113 View Post
    Yeah they’re commercial duty, and come with a price that matches. Checkout jasper / weller / valley truck parts remanufactured prices. Their core charges are normally pretty high as they need them to rebuild and I doubt they’ll give you full credit for your old lighter duty nv. Just don’t tell the wife you could’ve just rebuilt the old one for 500 bucks, she doesn’t need To know that.

I've worked with Weller, many times, using their heavy duty truck remans. Tried awhile back to sell them some Fuller 10spd. cores. They weren't interested in buying. Don't know whats up with that.
    Not telling my wife everything about costs is on page two of my playbook, already. Actually, she doesn't usually ask. She is the one who asked me to not go hog wild on the TJ. Said she would like it to be more "comfortable", than the YJ. She also said I should keep both toys. Very good woman.
    I did get the AC, fixed on the TJ. For her. It's chillin' like an icebox, now....
    Kuboske
    To GOD be the Glory!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuboske View Post
    I've worked with Weller, many times, using their heavy duty truck remans. Tried awhile back to sell them some Fuller 10spd. cores. They weren't interested in buying. Don't know whats up with that.
    Not telling my wife everything about costs is on page two of my playbook, already. Actually, she doesn't usually ask. She is the one who asked me to not go hog wild on the TJ. Said she would like it to be more "comfortable", than the YJ. She also said I should keep both toys. Very good woman.
    I did get the AC, fixed on the TJ. For her. It's chillin' like an icebox, now....
    Out of the gate the tj is already way more comfortable than any yj so miles ahead. I wouldn’t recommend weller, who is now owned by jasper anyways.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12