VIDEO : ROCK LIGHTS - Super Easy to Install LED Lights by LUX Off Road

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Even in the best of conditions, there are times when it can be good to have a spotter, someone to be your eyes on the ground and to help guide you through an obstacle. Of course, if you come across that same obstacle in the darkness of night, it can be difficult if not impossible for those eyes to see anything at all, especially when they're being blinded by a pair of headlights. It's in situations like these that a good set of rock lights can go a long way to help provide well needed light and just where it's needed - on the rocks. Fortunately, there are tons of great rock light solutions available today and of them all, my favorite is made by LUX Off Road. In this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install their LED lights and specifically because of their unique magnetic mounting design. We hope you find our video to be useful.

Just got a message from LUX and apparently, they've seen the video and love it enough that they're now offering a 15% OFF Discount for WAYALIFE members! Just enter the following code when checking out. :)

LUX 8-Light Kit: https://bit.ly/2DKshsi
LUX Pro Installer Kit: https://bit.ly/3bFEYBi
LUX WAYALIFE FAN 15% OFF DISCOUNT CODE: WAYALIFE15

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20200908013357-af860128-me.jpg

TrailHunter

Hooked
That's Tight! I had no idea they made those with magnets.... I could even see installing one in the cargo area of a wrangler.... (Your dog is awesome)

benatc1

Hooked
Looks like a super easy install, I was looking at these and wondering this that pro installer would be worth it. Ripley seems to be figuring that whole swimming thing out. Where was that footage taken? Looks like a sweet spot, looking to camp for a night or 2 in a couple weeks and trying to figure out a good spot

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yup, I’ll be ordering that setup. Other than chasing wires, the setup is easy for once!

Great seeing Ripley getting comfortable in the water. Looks like a beautiful spot for a swim!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's Tight! I had no idea they made those with magnets.... I could even see installing one in the cargo area of a wrangler.... (Your dog is awesome)

Oh yeah, I can see installing these things everywhere LOL!
Glad you enjoyed seeing Ripley :)

Such a clean install.

Thank you :)

Looks like a super easy install, I was looking at these and wondering this that pro installer would be worth it. Ripley seems to be figuring that whole swimming thing out. Where was that footage taken? Looks like a sweet spot, looking to camp for a night or 2 in a couple weeks and trying to figure out a good spot

Yeah, I figured I could do it without the Pro Installer and I did but really, it would have made things a lot faster and easier with one.

Regarding where we filmed Ripley playing in the water, that's Dardenelle Lake. It's about a 7 mile hike but the camping out there is really nice.

Yup, I’ll be ordering that setup. Other than chasing wires, the setup is easy for once!

Great seeing Ripley getting comfortable in the water. Looks like a beautiful spot for a swim!

Honestly, even the wiring is super easy as you could see. If you didn't care how everything looked when you were done, it could be done pretty fast. LOL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, very easy install. Really like that magnet mount. Cool to see Ripley having fun.

Yeah, what's so cool about the magnet mounts is that you can change your mind if you don't like where you put them. In the video, you can see that I change the position of them several times. :yup:

Andy5160

Hooked
Cool set up and Thank you for sharing. Added to my list. I see you changed rear coils.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks for the Tip, might check that spot out

Oh yeah, I can see installing these things everywhere LOL!
Glad you enjoyed seeing Ripley :)

Thank you :)

Yeah, I figured I could do it without the Pro Installer and I did but really, it would have made things a lot faster and easier with one.

Regarding where we filmed Ripley playing in the water, that's Dardenelle Lake. It's about a 7 mile hike but the camping out there is really nice.

Honestly, even the wiring is super easy as you could see. If you didn't care how everything looked when you were done, it could be done pretty fast. LOL

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Man... I wish I would have found those before I did the lighting under my adventure trailer. I ended up buying Chinese junk, they're not very bright & I don't expect them to last very long. Next time I guess...

These also seem like a better option than the KC Hi-lite cyclones I used on my JL, the KC's are super bright but at almost $30 each I spent as much as the LUX lights & had to buy the wiring to run them, and make brackets for them to mount to.

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was an awesome video. I really like the LUX lights, and best of all is how simple they are to install. On another note, what are you feeding Ripley?! She’s gotten big, fast!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man... I wish I would have found those before I did the lighting under my adventure trailer. I ended up buying Chinese junk, they're not very bright & I don't expect them to last very long. Next time I guess...

These also seem like a better option than the KC Hi-lite cyclones I used on my JL, the KC's are super bright but at almost $30 each I spent as much as the LUX lights & had to buy the wiring to run them, and make brackets for them to mount to.

Well, if you decide to replace what you have sooner than later, LUX is now offering a 15% discount for WAYALIFE members. I'll post up the code shortely.

I'm sold. I really like how Lux has simplified this process. Thanks for doing the install video.

Awesome! Glad you enjoy seeing the video and found it to be useful to you.

Shit....wish I would have known about these before I put the amazon ones on. I really like the slimplicity of the install.

They really are super easy to install.

That was an awesome video. I really like the LUX lights, and best of all is how simple they are to install. On another note, what are you feeding Ripley?! She’s gotten big, fast!

LOL - she really is growing up fast! Glad you enjoyed the video. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a message from LUX and apparently, they've seen the video and love it enough that they're now offering a 15% OFF Discount for WAYALIFE members! Just enter the following code when checking out. :)

15% OFF Coupon Code: WAYALIFE15

Top Bottom