Gladiator Sport S Lift Suggestions

saulmvv

*sigh* So I’m really having difficulties trying to find a lift I like, good price, and the right parts included.

My first choice is definitely Evo but A kit without lower control arms and without at least a front track bar for almost 2k seems steep.

Adjustments.jpg

JKS is my second choice but again 1.6k for JKS just seems off to me

Adjustments.jpg

Third is Rancho, Price seems good, parts are good but just know I’d hate to see white shocks under the Gladiator. Unless I run different shocks? Lol

Adjustments.jpg

So far these are the options I’m looking at, anyone have good suggestions? (Not the mopar kit).

*Ideal Kit*
2.5 to 3.5 inch lift
Lower Control arms/Front Track Bar
Decent price

saulmvv

What size tires are you planning on running?

Good question! Should of mentioned that. I will most likely go with 35’s. If I do go with a bigger lift like a 3.5in I will probably consider going to 37’s.

WJCO

Meme King
Good question! Should of mentioned that. I will most likely go with 35’s. If I do go with a bigger lift like a 3.5in I will probably consider going to 37’s.

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm running the Rancho leveling kit on mine with 35s. It is very budget friendly and I have no geometry correction and no regrets so far. I gained exactly 2.25 inches in the front (no bumper nor winch). Nothing is done on the rear. It's a simple kit. It comes with front coils, front bump stop pads, and longer front sway bar links. I don't want to discourage you from the Evo kit, but for something simple, I'm very happy with this. Sport S with Max Tow Package. I also imagine that some of the pricing that you're seeing in the other kits includes the King shocks.

PICS (1).jpg

PICS (5).jpg

DSC08820 (1).jpg

saulmvv

I'm just throwing this out there, but I'm running the Rancho leveling kit on mine with 35s. It is very budget friendly and I have no geometry correction and no regrets so far. I gained exactly 2.25 inches in the front (no bumper nor winch). Nothing is done on the rear. It's a simple kit. It comes with front coils, front bump stop pads, and longer front sway bar links. I don't want to discourage you from the Evo kit, but for something simple, I'm very happy with this. Sport S with Max Tow Package. I also imagine that some of the pricing that you're seeing in the other kits includes the King shocks.

That looks pretty good, It is something to consider. Is it this kit?

Adjustments.jpg

Also, yeah I was looking at the Evo kit with King shocks. Would you suggest other options for shocks with a evo kit? Fox maybe?

WJCO

Meme King
That looks pretty good, It is something to consider. Is it this kit?

View attachment 352954

Also, yeah I was looking at the Evo kit with King shocks. Would you suggest other options for shocks with a evo kit? Fox maybe?

Thanks. Yes it's this kit. I forgot it had shocks too.

I think piginajeep did the evo 2.5 with fox shocks and 37s. But his is a Rubicon.

saulmvv

Thanks. Yes it's this kit. I forgot it had shocks too.

I think piginajeep did the evo 2.5 with fox shocks and 37s. But his is a Rubicon.

I might do stage 1 without control arm brackets or track bars.

Adjustments.jpg

Eventually upgrade the control arms, then the track bars. Will that work or do I definitely need the drop brackets for a 2.5 lift?

Also are these the correct Fox shocks that will fit the evo stage 1 kit?

Adjustments.jpg

Lojo

IMG_1853.jpg IMG_1821.jpg

I did an Evo stage 2 and added front uppers. Shock extensions for now and 37’s. Absolutely love it!! I am building in stages so next is synergy steering which I have but have not installed drag link or tie rod yet. I did do sector shaft brace and added a King Stabilizer.
I did notice lots of steering wonder so just the two things I have done have helped 100 fold.
Something to think about before you lift. Some notice it some don’t.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

saulmvv

View attachment 352991 View attachment 352992

I did an Evo stage 2 and added front uppers. Shock extensions for now and 37’s. Absolutely love it!! I am building in stages so next is synergy steering which I have but have not installed drag link or tie rod yet. I did do sector shaft brace and added a King Stabilizer.
I did notice lots of steering wonder so just the two things I have done have helped 100 fold.
Something to think about before you lift. Some notice it some don’t.

That’s a sweet ride you got there! I want to do the same thing just a little smaller. I think I will be going with Evo Stage 1 w/o control arm brackets. Then pick up lower control arms and front track bar at another time. Just debating on shocks, leaning towards Fox.

Lojo

That’s a sweet ride you got there! I want to do the same thing just a little smaller. I think I will be going with Evo Stage 1 w/o control arm brackets. Then pick up lower control arms and front track bar at another time. Just debating on shocks, leaning towards Fox.

Thanks. I don’t think you can go wrong with Evo. The springs are awesome. Ride is smooth.
I will eventually get spec Kings and rear control arms. Once you make the big investment and get it in the air adding parts is much easier.
What ever you do it will look great!

saulmvv

Thanks. I don’t think you can go wrong with Evo. The springs are awesome. Ride is smooth.
I will eventually get spec Kings and rear control arms. Once you make the big investment and get it in the air adding parts is much easier.
What ever you do it will look great!

What shocks are you running at the moment?

mrmet1983

*sigh* So I’m really having difficulties trying to find a lift I like, good price, and the right parts included.

My first choice is definitely Evo but A kit without lower control arms and without at least a front track bar for almost 2k seems steep.

View attachment 352947

JKS is my second choice but again 1.6k for JKS just seems off to me

View attachment 352948

Third is Rancho, Price seems good, parts are good but just know I’d hate to see white shocks under the Gladiator. Unless I run different shocks? Lol

View attachment 352949

So far these are the options I’m looking at, anyone have good suggestions? (Not the mopar kit).

*Ideal Kit*
2.5 to 3.5 inch lift
Lower Control arms/Front Track Bar
Decent price

as many will tell you buy your lift once. evo is worth every penny but whats killing you are those king shocks. literally absolutely no need for king shocks with what you are looking to do. stay with the evo lift but get a diff shock like fox and save some money. also no need to replace lower front control arm on the gladiator for that lift size. you will be very happy with how it rides and def get those control arm brackets then you absolutely do not need the lower control arms. just my two cents best of luck

saulmvv

as many will tell you buy your lift once. evo is worth every penny but whats killing you are those king shocks. literally absolutely no need for king shocks with what you are looking to do. stay with the evo lift but get a diff shock like fox and save some money. also no need to replace lower front control arm on the gladiator for that lift size. you will be very happy with how it rides and def get those control arm brackets then you absolutely do not need the lower control arms. just my two cents best of luck

For sure think I figured out my dilemma. Thanks for the help!

saulmvv

Anyone have any experience with this company or spacer lift? I want to try a spacer lift to put 35’s for a trip up to Sedona I am planing. I was planning on putting on a evo kit but not as soon as I wanted.

Here’s the kit

IMG_7442.jpg

If anyone has any suggestions or if I should or shouldn’t try this kit out, please let me know

WJCO

Meme King
Anyone have any experience with this company or spacer lift? I want to try a spacer lift to put 35’s for a trip up to Sedona I am planing. I was planning on putting on a evo kit but not as soon as I wanted.

Here’s the kit

View attachment 353337

If anyone has any suggestions or if I should or shouldn’t try this kit out, please let me know

I've done a few items from them on my WJ and haven't had any issues.

saulmvv

I've done a few items from them on my WJ and haven't had any issues.

Think this will have to do for now. Getting this and Fox shocks for 2-3in lifts I think should hold pretty well till I can get the evo kit. The shocks can be used for the evo kit

Top Bottom