Wheel backspacing

G-mansjk

Are any of you guys running 35s or 37s on a 4.75 backspace? Or do you think it'll fit with no rubbing at full flex ?I know it's only a quarter inch less than what most are running but I don't want to screw myself. The wheels I want are only available in 3.75 or 4.75 and I don't want the extra stress on wheel bearing and balljoints from 3.75s.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
You will rub and end up putting spacers on to solve it. Better to just got 3.75 and put pro steers in.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King
We ran 4.5 or 4.75 on our JK with 35s. We never really flexed it out fully. But either way, any lower backspacing than stock will contribute to wear on ball joints and wheel bearings. It's just physics. You'll enjoy your jeep more and won't really think about it. Just know that those repairs will be needed at some point in the future.

bmkrinne

I’m running 5.25” back spacing with 37x12.50 tires and they rub quite a bit but I am willing to put up with it so I can keep the stock fenders and AEV bumpers. The front tires do hit the lower control arms and sway bar during turns on obstacles. No rubbing on the fender wells though.

The rears only rub on my OEM fender liners at 9 & 3 along with the rear bumper at full stuff. Additional wheel back spacing would help the front but not the rear.

I’ve got the Rusty’s HD tie rod and works perfectly with zero rubbing. Synergy and the Exodus tie rods are a no go with the 5.25”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Saharaunlmtd

Caught the Bug
Are any of you guys running 35s or 37s on a 4.75 backspace? Or do you think it'll fit with no rubbing at full flex ?I know it's only a quarter inch less than what most are running but I don't want to screw myself. The wheels I want are only available in 3.75 or 4.75 and I don't want the extra stress on wheel bearing and balljoints from 3.75s.

I run 35s on 4.75” BS w/o issue. On my previous JK, I ran 37s on 4.75” w/ very slight rubbing but those were KM2s so definitely on the smaller side.

I’d say if you are stopping at 35s and not ever going to consider COs, go with the 4.75s. Otherwise, go 3.75.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I think that most lift manufacturers call for 4.50 at minimum. If you're thinking about going to coilovers down the road I could be wrong but I believe you need to run 3.75 to clear them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Depends on the width. I ran 315's (35's) on AEV wheels with 5.2BS and they rubbed a little on the arms at full turn but worked. 37x13.5 worked with 4" BS. Now I'm on 35x12.5 and 4.5BS and they work but still kiss the King shocks enough to rub the stickers off. So.... get the 3.75.

G-mansjk

Thanks for the input guys. I ended up saying f-it and found a different wheel simular to the one I wanted in 4.50 backspacing just because I wouldn't mind eventually going to 37s. Maybe once I hit the lottery "which I'd actually have to start paying haha!!!" I'll get beadlocks and 37s with Evo coilovers haha.!!! The only crappy thing about the wheels i got is they are Steele and gloss black but is what it is for now i guess

G-mansjk

I'll post pics of them when I get them in around a month or two from now!!!! Freaking Kung flue has my wheels on back order then I'll probably have to wait for tires too haha!!!! Fml

14ACES

I am running kmc beadlocks with 3.75BS and 39” bfg km3. No rubbing at all ok stock axles. Go with 3.75bs and just upgrade your ball joints when the time comes if you are worried

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

On my buddies JL he's running 4.75 and 35 BFGs with the Kings 2.5 resi. At full tuck it does touch his King resi at times. It's just enough to left you know its rubbing.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think that most lift manufacturers call for 4.50 at minimum. If you're thinking about going to coilovers down the road I could be wrong but I believe you need to run 3.75 to clear them.

Sent from my SM-G986U using WAYALIFE mobile app

You can run more than 3.75. I have 4”bs with 37/12.50 coopers and still have room at full lock and stuff

G-mansjk

Finally got my tires today!!!! But the guy at America's tire that took my order only ordered 4 dang it!!!! Oh well gotta wait a week for my spare. But she do look sexy, just wish I could have found some flat black wheels. Still waiting on lugs and center caps but eeehhh wtf.
20201021_172438.jpg

Top Bottom