GMRS Mount Placement

FREE2GO

Hi, everyone.

I have a GMRS that I need to mount in my JK. The photo shows where I'm considering putting it. I want to run the antenna cable under the carpet of the passenger side to a bracket that I had made that bolts to the frame around the windshield. Thoughts on pros and cons about ease of operating the radio while driving if I put it here and issues with running the cable under the carpet or dash?

Jennifer

(Pardon the dirt. He had just lost his offroad virginity before I took the photo.) Screenshot_20200913-202303_Gallery.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

My CB lives in that same location, same size as a micro, so no real worries. You will find it bugs your kneecap though. Maybe. Does me, so I move my leg a lot. But, I drive 200-300 miles in a day on the weekend. It isn't bad offroad, not really in the way for that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

FREE2GO

My CB lives in that same location, same size as a micro, so no real worries. You will find it bugs your kneecap though. Maybe. Does me, so I move my leg a lot. But, I drive 200-300 miles in a day on the weekend. It isn't bad offroad, not really in the way for that.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks. That helps. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom