Thread: Rear body mount nut

Rear body mount nut

I was trying to mount my Evo sliders and I broke the weld on the rear body mount nut. The bolt spins freely, and maybe got one or two turns before it broke free. Has this happened to anyone? Can I access the nut from inside the cab by removing the seat and plastic?

Rear body mount nut

Quote Originally Posted by Rhutch View Post
    I was trying to mount my Evo sliders and I broke the weld on the rear body mount nut. The bolt spins freely, and maybe got one or two turns before it broke free. Has this happened to anyone? Can I access the nut from inside the cab by removing the seat and plastic?
    I did it while installing Evo bombers on the JT. I just pulled the bolt out too far and flipped the nut in the frame. It’s actually a flag nut... not welded. I was able to reach it after pulling that black cylinder looking thing and got it back into place. Sorry my nomenclature isn’t the best. You’ll know what I mean when you see it.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
    Last edited by -AINOKEA-; 09-15-2020 at 05:13 AM.

Bolt is still in place and can’t remove the canister. I guess it sheared the sheet metal or broke the tang off the nut. How important is installing the rear, since it is detached from the bombers? I also have the rockskins installed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I snapped one of mine off cleanly, didn’t come loose. Just left it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Weebz View Post
    I snapped one of mine off cleanly, didn’t come loose. Just left it like that.
    Wow that sucks!! Seems like the sliders are stout enough without that rear bolt.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app