Colorado 9/23-9-26

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Hey All... Last minute trip to Colorado, doing Black bear, Alpine Loop, Imogene, Poughkeepsie and whatever else I can fit in.

let me know if you're interested..

rubiDave

How are you going to fit all that in? Are those dates exclusive of road days to/from? Your schedule seems uncomfortably tight.
Hey All... Last minute trip to Colorado, doing Black bear, Alpine Loop, Imogene, Poughkeepsie and whatever else I can fit in.

let me know if you're interested..

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
It's a blast, I did all those in July as well as Ophir. Everything you have listed is 3 solid days of wheeling. Alpine loop is an entire day itself.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Slimebones

Don, I am interested in joining you on this trip. Are you planning on renting a place or are you camping?

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Hey Dave, my travel days are independent of the the wheeling days. I mmmmm leaving home early on the 22nd and probably going to return on the 27th.. theres some schedule issues, either way 26th or 27th is the return day
How are you going to fit all that in? Are those dates exclusive of road days to/from? Your schedule seems uncomfortably tight.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

J&k_Overland

I've never done any of these trais but it sounds like all of them are pretty easy as far as wheeling goes. I'd guess the worst part for the jeeps is the 13k foot climbs..

I’ve done em before but we broke the WJ pretty bad in Moab on the East meets West Run and the TJ has serious case of bone cancer and needs a new frame. You’ll absolutely love the scenery up there

rubiDave

Hey Dave, my travel days are independent of the the wheeling days. I mmmmm leaving home early on the 22nd and probably going to return on the 27th.. theres some schedule issues, either way 26th or 27th is the return day

Seriously looking into this, but the schedule may just be too tight. I had the 25th - 30th scheduled for hunting/camping in Monache, but the forests are closed due to fires so that trip got scrubbed. Mrs rubiDave (aka buzzkill) wants a vacation too, so I'm trying to sell this. She's not much into hours on the road so I need to find some other diversions along the way there and back (dangling Sedona or Grand Canyon. We would probably be looking at leaving by Monday to keep highway hours down. Need to arrange pet sitters and all that happy horse shit. So its a long shot...

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
I’ve done em before but we broke the WJ pretty bad in Moab on the East meets West Run and the TJ has serious case of bone cancer and needs a new frame. You’ll absolutely love the scenery up there
Too bad.. i suppose it the price of wheeling hard.. i know thats usually the case for me.

I am looking forward to it. I've been wanting wheel Colorado for years but I usually work all summer. Thanks to covid I'm going to get to enjoy Colorado

Clearskies

Caught the Bug
Seriously looking into this, but the schedule may just be too tight. I had the 25th - 30th scheduled for hunting/camping in Monache, but the forests are closed due to fires so that trip got scrubbed. Mrs rubiDave (aka buzzkill) wants a vacation too, so I'm trying to sell this. She's not much into hours on the road so I need to find some other diversions along the way there and back (dangling Sedona or Grand Canyon. We would probably be looking at leaving by Monday to keep highway hours down. Need to arrange pet sitters and all that happy horse shit. So its a long shot...
I think this trip is going to be amazing. It looks like the fall colors should be full color.
The weather looks like its going to be pretty nice, clouds and sun.
And of course the majesty of the mountains in the area.
And of course a few extra days there and back should give lots of possibilities.

Top Bottom