Luk clutch

JeepJoe97

I have a 2011 Jeep Wrangler jk sport 6 speed manual. It has 136,000mi just had a new 3.8 v6 put in February and had my clutch replaced with a Luk Clutch I have 12.5x35in tires on
And it just failed after putting 7000mi on it

So my question is should I upgrade to a heavy duty clutch?
Or continue to drive with the new warranty replacement?
IMG_3167.jpg
IMG_3165.jpg
IMG_3166.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
What part of the clutch failed? If your oem one went 136k, why not go with another oem one?

What part of the clutch failed? If your oem one went 136k, why not go with another oem one?

Luk is an oem supplier.
I think you just got super unlucky. You contact them? Be interested to see if they cover it.

JeepJoe97

That seems like a fluke to me. If they are covering it under warranty, I would run with it.

Yeah the covered it under warranty I installed the new one sent the old one back I was just wondering if I needed to upgrade to a heavy duty
But imma gonna run it and hope for the best I’m hoping it was just a faulty clutch kit.

Yeah the covered it under warranty I installed the new one sent the old one back I was just wondering if I needed to upgrade to a heavy duty
But imma gonna run it and hope for the best I’m hoping it was just a faulty clutch kit.

Nah you don’t need a heavier duty clutch for bigger tires, oe ones are actually not bad, they can take a beating. Glad they covered it for ya

JeepJoe97

What about a heavier (as in weight) flywheel?

Not sure why this posted twice?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Heavy duty clutch like a stage 2 after market if this one goes out hopefully not 🤞just looking for suggestions or recommendations

I just put about 50mi on it today just cruising around and going to work and back with the new warranty replacement and I have to say it feels great I replaced the slave and master cylinder as well so far so good.

What about a heavier (as in weight) flywheel?

Not sure why this posted twice?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ehhhh. No. I wouldn’t. It’s more rotational mass which will be more driveline power loss. Jeep already uses pretty heavy flywheels. Generally speaking most people that change the flywheel weight on any car get lightweight ones so the engine can rev up faster, downside being inability to disperse heat leading to cracking and deflection.

Top Bottom