TURN NIGHT INTO DAY : KC Gravity Pro6 LED Light Bar

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As most of you know, Cindy and I love to get out on the trail, as often as we can and stay out there well into the night. Most of this is because there's just so much we want to see and do that we always try to use every last bit of sunlight that we can. Unfortunately, this often leaves us driving through the darkness of night with just our headlights to light up the way. And, while the new JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator LED headlights do a pretty good job of it, having a bit more light is always nice to have.

For years now, we've resisted installing a light bar on our Jeeps and mainly because we really hated the look of the square LED's that were all the rage. But, ever since KC came out with their Gravity Pro6 light bar, essentially 8 round LED's that are linked together and have a really nice classic look, we've been itching to get our hands on one. Well, we finally broke down and did just that and holy hell, am I ever glad that we did! With them on, it's like having daylight in front of you and we literally can drive 4X faster!

Anyway, here are a few shots of what they look like.

20200902195229-9c86f2d1-me.jpg

20200902195209-2185aa36-me.jpg

20200902195105-29d09acc-me.jpg

20200902195234-b348921f-me.jpg

20200902195242-9e685bcb-me.jpg

20200902195102-6f40e5d0-me.jpg

20200902195137-bf058f1d-me.jpg

20200902195145-fe656b9b-me.jpg

20200902195153-524d88a6-me.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
That is just badass! They are classic Baja verses the square light bar. I agree, they look so much better.

Those drone shots are amazing! They throw a ton of light. The side spread is pretty crazy too.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So cool and, as someone with two Jeeps with LED bars, I completely agree that the classic look of these lights is so much better!

Have you figured out any possible way to run these AND your snorkel?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is just badass! They are classic Baja verses the square light bar. I agree, they look so much better.

Those drone shots are amazing! They throw a ton of light. The side spread is pretty crazy too.

The side spread really is amazing. Of course, KC puts 2 wide beam lights on either end of the bar and they really make a HUGE difference.

I been wanting this set up since Mel installed it one his first Gladiator. Looks sick

Us too. They're just kind of pricey :crazyeyes:

Those look great. Much wind noise?

Surprisingly, no. I'm sure they make some noise but not anymore than what I was already hearing from our roof rack. Certainly, our tires make more noise than that too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So cool and, as someone with two Jeeps with LED bars, I completely agree that the classic look of these lights is so much better!

Have you figured out any possible way to run these AND your snorkel?

There are other light bar mounts that could probably be made to work but they don't look real good. I figure for the kind of wheeling we do, lights are more important than a snorkel. Also, our JL was more than happy to take the hand me down :crazyeyes:

Those look great, and a lot of light. [emoji106]

J&k_Overland

Damn that’s sharp. That’s some serious light. Me and the wife were out last night with just a single light bar and found myself wanting more light. This is amazing. It’s going on the Christmas list for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks amazing! I'm with ya'll love the classic look.

Thanks and yes, that classic look is what it's all about :yup:

That looks awesome on the Gladiator, sure seems to throw so serious light too. Pretty cool night shots

No lie, the difference between just headlights and these KC's is night and day. Glad you like the shots :)

Damn that’s sharp. That’s some serious light. Me and the wife were out last night with just a single light bar and found myself wanting more light. This is amazing. It’s going on the Christmas list for sure.

Awesome! :cool:

Looks sweet. Only missing a tent now and you can call yourself a real overlander.

Oh and who gets to climb on the hood to take off the center covers? Lol

LOL - no need for a tent when you can keep on bombing your way across the desert. :D

Regarding the covers, I can get 6 of the 8 standing on one side. :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Hooked
Thanks and yes, that classic look is what it's all about :yup:

No lie, the difference between just headlights and these KC's is night and day. Glad you like the shots :)

Awesome! :cool:

LOL - no need for a tent when you can keep on bombing your way across the desert. :D

Regarding the covers, I can get 6 of the 8 standing on one side. :crazyeyes:
I just ordered up a 10" KC flex light bar for the bumper, not the same as what you have obviously, but good to see the KC light tech doing well

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
He lives in Nevada. Covers aren’t necessary (unless Sissysak issues an emergency order).

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Vehicle operators shall cover all forward facing lights with exception to factory headlamps and fog lamps, no motor vehicle operated on public roadways may poses more than 5 forward facing lamps factory or otherwise... So sayeth the Sleestak god.
Z6ki4fZ1.jpg

Top Bottom