Steinjager Control Arms

Tank12

Looking at upgrading my control arms and curious to hear thoughts on steinjager. No rock crawling, everyday driver that does light overlanding and some offroad trails.

Also looking at Core 4x4, gotta like a lifetime warranty.

Sent from my SM-G970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
They’ve been around, make a lot of beefy older 2 door stuff. I’ve seen their demo Jeep and the lift kits look pretty stout. Haven’t seen them bounce off a boulder in person though. For the price I’d look at core too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

AgBass01

Caught the Bug
I have a buddy that has them for his TJ and they are HEAVY. I looked at them for my JKU and couldn't find adjustable ones. They only make adjustable for the TJ, JK is fixed length, you tell them what size lift you have.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
Core. Gotta ask why you want to upgrade for "overlanding". I still have 6 stock arms and they've been through hell and doing fine. Front lowers are required to adjust caster.

Tank12

I am going to change from lower absolutely, I just felt like it made more sense to replace the whole set if I was doing 1/4 of it already.

New jeepers though so totally open to suggestions and guidance.

Elroy231

Core 4x4 makes a good product, offered in tier 1 up to tier 4. All with lifetime replacement warranty. There are a some guys in here that use them.i just removed a set of Core short arms. Nothing wrong with them just went long arm.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

bmkrinne

I don’t have knowledge of the subject control arms but do have all 8 Core4x4 T4 arms and have been pleased. Bent a front lower arm on Cliffhanger last month and they sent a free replacement arm, shirt, hat, stickers and a congratulatory letter for being the first to bend a T4 arm. Their warranty is rock solid!

wjtstudios

Hooked
I don’t have knowledge of the subject control arms but do have all 8 Core4x4 T4 arms and have been pleased. Bent a front lower arm on Cliffhanger last month and they sent a free replacement arm, shirt, hat, stickers and a congratulatory letter for being the first to bend a T4 arm. Their warranty is rock solid!

You still need to frame the letter and a picture of cliff hanger for your garage!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Tank12

Ok, so I am down for Core seems like the right choice, live the warranty, love that they went over the top on the customer service end. Also thinking, just fronts to start, but definitely both upper and lower.

Lastly, gonna go T2, im not doing crazy shit. The question is Poly or Rubber bushing, I am leaning toward poly unless I hear different from the stands.

Thought?

Ok, so I am down for Core seems like the right choice, live the warranty, love that they went over the top on the customer service end. Also thinking, just fronts to start, but definitely both upper and lower.

Lastly, gonna go T2, im not doing crazy shit. The question is Poly or Rubber bushing, I am leaning toward poly unless I hear different from the stands.

Thought?

Generally speaking, Rubber bushings (on anything, mounts, arms, whatever) ride softer and more comfortably, while poly are stiffer but have better longevity and can handle more abuse.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Generally speaking, Rubber bushings (on anything, mounts, arms, whatever) ride softer and more comfortably, while poly are stiffer but have better longevity and can handle more abuse.

Poly squeaks. Rubber doesn’t. Or, at least, squeaks less.

bmkrinne

Call Spence at Core4x4 and talk to him about it. He’ll talk you through the different options they have along with the pros/cons of each.

Top Bottom