(Help) Amfib snorkel + AFE cold air intake ?

Aliii

I recently bought the amfib rugged ridge snorkel but i have an aftermarket cold air intake installed already (Momentum gt AFE Power) i realized that in order to install the snorkel i have to use my factory intake. Is there a way that i can use the intake with the snorkel?

I also dont mind if i just use the snorkel for cosmetic purposes only and not connect it to the intake if theres a way.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, I'd get rid of that CAI. It'll let in way too much dirt and it WILL ruin your engine. I have personally seen this happen to multiple Jeep engines.

Aliii

Honestly, I'd get rid of that CAI. It'll let in way too much dirt and it WILL ruin your engine. I have personally seen this happen to multiple Jeep engines.

I used the the CAI for all my previous cars and didnt have any trouble with it its just a shame if i remove it and use a stock one

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I used the the CAI for all my previous cars and didnt have any trouble with it its just a shame if i remove it and use a stock one

Well, I suppose if you never take your Jeep off road like your previous cars, it'll work fine.

Aliii

Well, I suppose if you never take your Jeep off road like your previous cars, it'll work fine.

Can i add a seal to block the air/water from going into the snorkel just to have it for visuals only ( i dont have the inside tubes installed, i just have the outside piece installed)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can i add a seal to block the air/water from going into the snorkel just to have it for visuals only ( i dont have the inside tubes installed, i just have the outside piece installed)

If you're just installing it for looks, you shouldn't need to do anything other than install the cowl piece.

Save yourself some money and pickup some pvc pipe and spray paint it black if that’s all you want 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950W using WAYALIFE mobile app

I just don't get the snorkel thing.. I don't think it looks cool at all. Jeeps aren't made to drive through enough water to even need a snorkel. I sure as hell will 'drive around' if water that deep. I saw a old Nissan Sentra the other day with a snorkel on. What a fn douche bag.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I just don't get the snorkel thing.. I don't think it looks cool at all. Jeeps aren't made to drive through enough water to even need a snorkel. I sure as hell will 'drive around' if water that deep. I saw a old Nissan Sentra the other day with a snorkel on. What a fn douche bag.

They also filter out dust depending on how you have it set up.

Running trails up here in northern Michigan, long water crossings are normal with out by passes, having the snorkel adds a level of comfort when you first put your down into the hole that you are not sucking water into that low intake. The upper cowl intake is better, but a high intake is best. Is it right for everyone, no, but if you leading groups through water crossings, it adds a nice level of security.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug

I’ll agree, I’m not a fan of them at all. To each their own though.

fiend

Caught the Bug

Same could be said for large tires on a Jeep that never leaves pavement. Pointless functionally, but lots of people think it looks cool. Plenty of people do it.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
They also filter out dust depending on how you have it set up.

Running trails up here in northern Michigan, long water crossings are normal with out by passes, having the snorkel adds a level of comfort when you first put your down into the hole that you are not sucking water into that low intake. The upper cowl intake is better, but a high intake is best. Is it right for everyone, no, but if you leading groups through water crossings, it adds a nice level of security.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

To each his own I guess. Why not buy a tank? Aren't you worried about the inevitable electrical gremlins?

wjtstudios

Hooked
To each his own I guess. Why not buy a tank? Aren't you worried about the inevitable electrical gremlins?

I’ve been running those trails in that jeep for 6 years with no issues from water intrusion. Ironically, the only electrical issue I’ve ever had was on top a Mesa in Moab. Completely self inflicted when a wire got pinched when I installed a genesis dual battery tray.

In truth, I’ve only submerged jeep over the hood twice to where it would have flooded a standard intake. And I’d be happy to never do that again. But when you leading thru a water crossing, it’s good to know it’s there.

And although it would be fun, I can’t drive a tank to work everyday, but I can drive my Jeep. Although it may save some time in traffic [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Top Bottom