New here, first post, and have questions! =)

WJCO

Meme King
Hey guys I'm new to this forum and this is my first post! I'm really not the type to spend a lot of time on the internet, not interested in social media, and definitely am not interested in wasting time on forums but this forum has so much good information I literally find myself spending hours here just learning lots of new stuff about jeeps so here I am lol. I wanna say I really appreciate everyone who posts here with a lot of info that helps a lot of people out. I do have a few questions I was wondering if someone could help out I tried searching about them through google and on this forum with no luck for answers that help with the questions I had. On the Jeep Wrangler JL sport that have the LSD option I heard that the LSD is usually only good for less than 30,000 miles before it has to be rebuilt. Is this true and if so how does one go about rebuilding an LSD and if its even worth it therefore should one just upgrade to lockers?

Lockers.

What are some factors that can wear out or damage the LSD if the Jeep Wrangler sport is off-roading one to three times a week or if someone can actually list the major things to watch out for that will get damaged or worn out early if off roading that frequently besides the LSD. Also when out on trails I have seen some people in their wranglers stuck in ditches and trying to throttle out until black smoke comes out which I already know is a big no no but I am really curious what are the realistic damages that can happen when doing that and will it hurt if you do this a few times every now and then?

Not sure.

I've also heard that the rear dana 44's that come with the LSD package for the JL sport is not a true dana 44 what does that even mean and would it make sense to only upgrade the front axle to the pro rock 44 by dynatech but have the stock rear 44 axles that come with the LSD package.

I'll assume that is a question in the midst of a statement. Some newer Dana 44 axles have smaller measurements than the older ones. Not sure if the JL does or not.

When off roading on rough terrain what is the maximum speed you should be going when on trails that go up and down and have dips here and there. What kind of damages can occur when going about 15-20 mph when going down hill on bumpy trail and you accidentally smash into big rocks with your wheels?

Lots.

I know you should be going slow but sometimes my rookie off roading skills take over and I wanna go fast down hill lol.

That won't last.

And last question is does off roading with a non lifted jeep on stock size off road tires really make you a better wheeler than to just go straight to lifting and bigger tires before really mastering off road techniques?

Depends on the trail.

I highly recommend posting in this thread next time you're up in the middle of the night pondering Jeep questions: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/58259-Drinking-and-thinking

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure where you heard all this great information from but it sounds like it came from experts. I'm kind of surprised that you didn't just ask them to answer your questions.

Ddays

Hooked
Are you bychance a copier tech somehow related to jtpeterson88? :thinking:

I'm exhausted after reading that. Welcome BTW.

Top Bottom