Billet Silver paint match

Burley

So I just picked up a 16’ JKU Sport S. I have ordered and received my Gen Right bumpers fenders and tire carriers. I would like to paint everything to match the Jeep. Except the tire carrier. I will powdercoat that black.

My question is how everyone else might be going about paint matching their bumpers and fenders. I ordered a sample from Prism Powdercoat and they said they had a color that would match close. It is was close... ish. Didn’t last the the wife color match test.

Has anyone found a good way to powdercoat that matches close or is it just easier to have a body shop paint match.

I think powder coat will hold up better but will be cheaper... would like to hear people’s thoughts on this and what you all have tried.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Powder coating is definitely more limiting in colors. You could just go and powder coat black on everything so it sets off against the silver or just have a body shop get it exact with paint and clear. The PC is a harder finish but for me, it’s been more difficult to rub any scratches out of it.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

zimm

Caught the Bug
For a show Jeep- get a body shop to spray it, they'll match it. I had a shrockworks front bumper paint matched to a silver 4runner and it looked great. I didn't put it into the rocks though.

If you plan to actually go off road- I've found Rustoleum rattle can to hold up the best. I've wasted a lot of money on powder coating bumpers- it cracks, chips, and flakes off. Rust forms under it. Rustoleum sticks great, doesn't rust, and every easy to touch up. On my sliders, I stick a piece of cardboard between the body and slider and it's easy to touch up.

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Powder coat will be tough to match to paint. It’s a completely different process and chemistry. You’d have better results matching colors with paint, or just powder coating select items with a different color.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom