Steering clean Up

Tank12

Winter is approaching. And I Cleveland that means snow and a shit ton of salt on the road. I see this as an opportunity to clean up the frame on my 2015 jku. Treat it and hit it with a fresh coat of por 15. I am also going to clean up the pieces and parts. I know I can take off the control arms with it on the ground, but when it comes to the steering i'm not sure.

Tie Rod, Track Bar, drag link. Can I remove all these things with the jeep on the ground and not run the risk of throwing something out of alignment? What do I need to know if anything about removing them? Seems pretty straight forward but as a newbie I figured I would seek the advice of the many.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G970U using WAYALIFE mobile app

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Winter is approaching. And I Cleveland that means snow and a shit ton of salt on the road. I see this as an opportunity to clean up the frame on my 2015 jku. Treat it and hit it with a fresh coat of por 15. I am also going to clean up the pieces and parts. I know I can take off the control arms with it on the ground, but when it comes to the steering i'm not sure.

Tie Rod, Track Bar, drag link. Can I remove all these things with the jeep on the ground and not run the risk of throwing something out of alignment? What do I need to know if anything about removing them? Seems pretty straight forward but as a newbie I figured I would seek the advice of the many.

Thanks in advance.

As long as your steering wheel is locked in place so it can’t spin and mess up your clock spring, you shouldn’t have any problems pulling it all off and and putting it back on.

WJCO

Meme King

Thanks in advance.

If you don't loosen any adjustment nuts, you can pull them off and put them right back on with no issues. However, a pickle fork makes the job easier to remove them, but you likely will damage the dust boots in the process.

As long as your steering wheel is locked in place so it can’t spin and mess up your clock spring, you shouldn’t have any problems pulling it all off and and putting it back on.

Put the seatbelt through it and click it in. Clock springs arent cheap or fun to get to if you mess it up

Top Bottom