Tread Lightly

Trail Bud

Hooked
I’ve been a member of Tread Lightly for over 15 years.
Got the new Tread Lightly decal. It’s very nice this year.

Their motto: “Leave no trace”
I like that.

IMG_6510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

Kuboske

Yes. And if everyone would heed that advice, we wouldn't be fighting trail closures so hard.
I spoke briefly with a Forest Service guy on Imogene Pass, a while back. He said the problems he's seen are with the explosive growth in UTV operators. They love to break trail, and go were they want...

J&k_Overland

Yes. And if everyone would heed that advice, we wouldn't be fighting trail closures so hard.
I spoke briefly with a Forest Service guy on Imogene Pass, a while back. He said the problems he's seen are with the explosive growth in UTV operators. They love to break trail, and go were they want...

Just read a article about that. They completely tore up Yankee Boy Basin this year. Having fights on Imogene it’s insane.

Trail Bud

Hooked

Your right, a lot of people now don’t appreciate the forests and trails. They think it their right to do whatever and go wherever the want because they can. And the result things go bad.

Ddays

Hooked
We spoke with the sheriff in Ouray right after that fight on Imogene Pass and he was saying that because of this bullshit virus more people are headed outdoors than ever there. He was actually going up to Black Bear that day to hand out pamphlets on proper trail etiquette. UTV's always seem to be in the middle of a lot of issues. Too bad there are so many idiots that are ignorant of the protocols of being a responsible person, let alone an outdoorsman. :naw:

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing against the Tread Lightly program at all, but it blows me away that there has to be stated or printed 'rules' or 'guidelines' that should be basic common sense and responsibility among humanity in regards to the outdoors. It just shows how disrespectful some humans are even in a beautiful place like nature.

Ddays

Hooked
Nothing against the Tread Lightly program at all, but it blows me away that there has to be stated or printed 'rules' or 'guidelines' that should be basic common sense and responsibility among humanity in regards to the outdoors. It just shows how disrespectful some humans are even in a beautiful place like nature.

All you need to do is look along the highways at the waste fuckers can't wait to throw away at home. People can't even treat each other with civility let alone respect the outdoors. I am so fed up with everything and everyone that there are times I wish I could drop out of this rat-race & get the hell away from everybody. :mad:

Kuboske

All you need to do is look along the highways at the waste fuckers can't wait to throw away at home. People can't even treat each other with civility let alone respect the outdoors. I am so fed up with everything and everyone that there are times I wish I could drop out of this rat-race & get the hell away from everybody. :mad:

Amen to both of these posts!
Just consider, "move over" laws. They have to make rules because of total, idiots, with zero consideration of anyone but themselves.
I've always said, there is a 80/20 rule. 80 percent of the human population are total morons, you want nothing to do with. 20 percent, might possibly be decent, friend, material. But, now I'm thinking it might be more like 90/10.

19YJ94

Caught the Bug
As many rivers, and trails that I helped clean up over the years, I can say there are "some" places that are well taken care of and some are kept secret per say. There are some good groups out there, but not enough people with time,means, ect. being most of it is voluntary. But definitely others areas are far terrible. And I agree that some people have no business being in the forests, trails, ect. But I could go on a rant, being this is definitely one of my areas of knowledge. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Trail Bud

Hooked

Actually I agree with you. But the mentality of the local idiots. Something is needed to remind them of what they should know.

Trail Bud

Hooked

When we go out we always take bags to bring out trash left behind from the people too lazy to bring it out themselves.

Dropping out, is sounding better. [emoji848]
It’s like the 60’s when hippies wanted to get out. You may be too young to recall that. :)

Ddays

Hooked
As many rivers, and trails that I helped clean up over the years, I can say there are "some" places that are well taken care of and some are kept secret per say. There are some good groups out there, but not enough people with time,means, ect. being most of it is voluntary. But definitely others areas are far terrible. And I agree that some people have no business being in the forests, trails, ect. But I could go on a rant, being this is definitely one of my areas of knowledge. [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-S506DL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Whenever I pass the volunteers picking up along the highways or rivers and streams I always marvel that this is even necessary. People suck.

Ddays

Hooked
When we go out we always take bags to bring out trash left behind from the people too lazy to bring it out themselves.

Dropping out, is sounding better. [emoji848]
It’s like the 60’s when hippies wanted to get out. You may be too young to recall that. :)

When I started hunting my dad always taught me to pick up anything I found in the woods and bring back to throw away later. Even in the mountains it was rare that didn't find cans or garbage in the woods. That carried over to always picking up trash when possible. Granted, I don't stop along the highways, but on the country road to my house I stop & grab cans. It's disgusting.

LOL, I was a youngster in the 60's but I sure remember those times. My dad always picked up hitch hikers back then and it was usually a stinky damn hippie I had to sit by in the back seat. :mad: Gotta admit, some of them were cool though.
This will date me - we kids always scrounged up bottles along the roads to turn in for the deposit so we could get our penny candy at the five & dime store.....

Bierpower

Hooked
I feel like this is not some much an issue of disrespect as it is ignorance. We're coming into a generation of young adults that grew up on video game consoles and have absolutely no concept of lasting damage. In games you destroy stuff and wait a few minutes before it regenerates. The fact that some of the things they just drive over will take decades to recover is lost on them.
In reality these side by side dealers should be offering some sort of off-road etiquette classes for these customers. They are really screwing everybody over in the long run.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Primo82

Caught the Bug
Actually I agree with you. But the mentality of the local idiots. Something is needed to remind them of what they should know.

I vote for 100 swift kicks to the balls for the assholes out there that treat nature like their own homes (which I'm sure their homes are cesspools).

EVERY time I go camping I pack out 10 times more trash than I generated because no one seems capable of cleaning up after themselves. Definitely one of my pet peeves.

Trail Bud

Hooked
When I started hunting my dad always taught me to pick up anything I found in the woods and bring back to throw away later. Even in the mountains it was rare that didn't find cans or garbage in the woods. That carried over to always picking up trash when possible. Granted, I don't stop along the highways, but on the country road to my house I stop & grab cans. It's disgusting.

LOL, I was a youngster in the 60's but I sure remember those times. My dad always picked up hitch hikers back then and it was usually a stinky damn hippie I had to sit by in the back seat. :mad: Gotta admit, some of them were cool though.
This will date me - we kids always scrounged up bottles along the roads to turn in for the deposit so we could get our penny candy at the five & dime store.....

We’re a lot alike. We did bottle hunting too. We got .03 at first, then it went to a nickel. Now we get rich in a day and go the little Dairy Queen and spend our fortune. :).
Ben Franklin five and dime. Those were good times. Nice memories revisited, thanks.
I laughed at sitting in the back seat. Did that too.

Trail Bud

Hooked
I vote for 100 swift kicks to the balls for the assholes out there that treat nature like their own homes (which I'm sure their homes are cesspools).

EVERY time I go camping I pack out 10 times more trash than I generated because no one seems capable of cleaning up after themselves. Definitely one of my pet peeves.

[emoji106]

Top Bottom