After dark off roading in Moab

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Could any of you make a suggestion on a leisurely trail after dark? My wife and I got into Moab late this morning, and by the time we swapped on the big tires, set up house, went grocery shopping and cooking food...then eating, we would like to get out and enjoy a trail. No crawling or anything like that. We'll be doing that during the day. Thanks for tips in advance.

J&k_Overland

Tower arch would be cool. It’s in arches NP it can be hooked to another trail whose name escapes me at the money and take you back to 191.

Slimebones

Yes. Another wayoflifer who is coming down here Thrsday, recommended Castle Valley, and Hurrah Pass.

Castle Valley is a location, not a trail. Located about a half hour from Moab. Hurrah Pass is on the opposite side of Moab, about an hour away from town. Hurrah Pass is an easy trail that could be navigated easily at night and an easy trail near Castle Valley could be Onion Creek. Hope this helps.

jdofmemi

Steel Bender was fun after dark as well. Its pretty easy.

If you go out away from the lights of town, pick a spot to stop, turn off all the lights, and enjoy the night sky.

You can see the Milky Way quite well, unless there is cloud cover.

Slimebones

I know of a couple guys that did part of Top of the World after dark[emoji23]

As I recall, those guys had never met the recipient of that recovery, although he was a fellow member of this forum. Hats off to those guys. True standup effort!

J&k_Overland

As I recall, those guys had never met the recipient of that recovery, although he was a fellow member of this forum. Hats off to those guys. True standup effort!

All true and I’m still very grateful to Bill Jerry and Alan. Again don’t do it alone.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Don’t wheel alone. At least, not somewhere that you can’t walk to help (or at least call for help) if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
Back on topic what trail did you do?

We went up to Hurrah Pass. Got there around sunset and stayed for about 2 hrs until really dark. Was able to see Milky Way. We passed a couple side by sides on the way up, but other than that nobody up there. Very nice to have to ourselves.

Top Bottom