Steering Stop Bolts - What Size is it?

Foley

Hi Guys,

I need some new steering stop bolts for my 2015 JK. I'm not sure what size they are ... something about 3/8 or 3/16. But is it a normal thread or a fine thread? I'm sorry but I'm not into US/Inch bolts.

Also I think I need those bolt a little longer than stock. Googel told me those bolts are about 35mm - is this correct?

Sorry for those silly question and thanks for you help!

Lg

fiend

Caught the Bug
Hi Guys,

I need some new steering stop bolts for my 2015 JK. I'm not sure what size they are ... something about 3/8 or 3/16. But is it a normal thread or a fine thread? I'm sorry but I'm not into US/Inch bolts.

Also I think I need those bolt a little longer than stock. Googel told me those bolts are about 35mm - is this correct?

Sorry for those silly question and thanks for you help!

Lg

As I recall they are fine thread metric bolts. Maybe just take one out and bring it to a hardware store? In the US most decent hardware stores have a good selection of metric and US bolts. Maybe the same in Germany?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Foley

As I recall they are fine thread metric bolts. Maybe just take one out and bring it to a hardware store? In the US most decent hardware stores have a good selection of metric and US bolts. Maybe the same in Germany?

Hi,

hardware stores only have normal metric bolts in 8.8 or less. Normally they stop with M10 or M12. I never saw some UNF or ONC bolts there.

My problem is the bolts are gone. So I cant measure the thread ...

Lg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I just checked an old set of knuckles in my garage. They are 3/8-24. So 3/8” diameter, fine thread. The stock bolts are 1 1/4” long with a tack welded nut. IMG_4154.jpg

Top Bottom