ESP kill switch

Eliajk

Hi everyone i want to install a switch to kill the ESP ABS sistem the problem Is that under the central pannel i've 2 purple wire with lightblue line.... .why?? I've a 2011 3.8 with 42rle transmission. Thank you

Fighe e cavai no i basta mai

Jsouder53

Hooked
Just wondering if anyone knows how to install a kill switch on a 2007 Jeep Cherokee. Asking for a friend, his Jeep abs keeps locking up his brakes when he slides ever so slightly on ice. Sounds like it’s unsafe

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone knows how to install a kill switch on a 2007 Jeep Cherokee. Asking for a friend, his Jeep abs keeps locking up his brakes when he slides ever so slightly on ice. Sounds like it’s unsafe

That sounds like the exact opposite of how ABS works..... ? You sure thats whats happening

Jsouder53

Hooked
That sounds like the exact opposite of how ABS works..... ? You sure thats whats happening

That’s what he told me last winter and he said it’s happening the same way after this last snowfall. He’s taken it in to someone and they can’t figure out why.

He’s even borrowed my BlueDriver scanner so he can leave it plugged in while he’s driving to see if there are any codes popping up as it happens.

Last edited:
It sounds very suspect. That may be a dealer fix issue to find out what it’s reading / mis reading and why.
In the meantime, it’s not a switch but unplug fuses/ relays for the abs if that’s what he wants to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I’ve seen that before a couple times with Suzukis. Its usually a cracked tone ring which is either spinning during light stops and therefore reading a lot faster than the others or the crack creates another magnetic field and changing the count

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jsouder53

Hooked
It sounds very suspect. That may be a dealer fix issue to find out what it’s reading / mis reading and why.
In the meantime, it’s not a switch but unplug fuses/ relays for the abs if that’s what he wants to do.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Thanks, pulling the fuse is what I told him to do for now.

I’ve seen that before a couple times with Suzukis. Its usually a cracked tone ring which is either spinning during light stops and therefore reading a lot faster than the others or the crack creates another magnetic field and changing the count

Thanks! I’ll forward that information

Jsouder53

Hooked
So my coworker pulled 1 of 2 abs fuses and had a bunch of dash lights come on. Abs light, check engine light, parking brake lights, and maybe a couple others. The transmission shifted hard into reverse and then into drive. He didn’t leave the driveway due to the issues and put the fuse back in.

He pulled the abs valve fuse, the other fuse is the abs pump.

Just wondering if anyone is able to give a little insight on the issue.

2007 Jeep WK by the way

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So my coworker pulled 1 of 2 abs fuses and had a bunch of dash lights come on. Abs light, check engine light, parking brake lights, and maybe a couple others. The transmission shifted hard into reverse and then into drive. He didn’t leave the driveway due to the issues and put the fuse back in.

He pulled the abs valve fuse, the other fuse is the abs pump.

Just wondering if anyone is able to give a little insight on the issue.

2007 Jeep WK by the way

J6 and J7 are ABS/TSC. J7 will show brake light when pulled. J6 will disable ABS but you can drive.

Top Bottom