Grill modification.

JDUBYA420

Has anyone done this mod? I like the look but noticed you will need to trim the fenders to make it work. I would like to ask some questions or see a write up if there is one.

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JDUBYA420

Eddie talks to the guy in the beginning of the gold dust jkx videos. He put a kitchen bowl up to make the inside radius and just cut it off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is where I got the screen shot. I don’t have an issue cutting the grill they are a dime a dozen on the Facebook marketplace. I am curious about the fender trim part. There is a support bracket on the fender right there. Wondering what is involved.

Bierpower

Hooked
That is where I got the screen shot. I don’t have an issue cutting the grill they are a dime a dozen on the Facebook marketplace. I am curious about the fender trim part. There is a support bracket on the fender right there. Wondering what is involved.

The fenders look like aftermarket. The only bracket it back towards the center of the fender well and it's just a single bolt through a tab. You can trim back the plastic "waffle" support or take it out. If you take the bolts out and pop off the flares it's pretty easy to figure out.

JDUBYA420

The fenders look like aftermarket. The only bracket it back towards the center of the fender well and it's just a single bolt through a tab. You can trim back the plastic "waffle" support or take it out. If you take the bolts out and pop off the flares it's pretty easy to figure out.

Maybe I am using the wrong term. I know the fender flares are aftermarket. What I am questioning is the trimming required on the body which is what I would call the fender. Behind that part of the body there is a bracket that looks like it is in the way.

MericaMade

Maybe I am using the wrong term. I know the fender flares are aftermarket. What I am questioning is the trimming required on the body which is what I would call the fender. Behind that part of the body there is a bracket that looks like it is in the way.

That is a body mount behind it.

Top Bottom