Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I’ve been thinking about switching from my Cooper STT Pros to Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Does anyone run the 37x13.50x17 in load range E? The load range E has me second guessing them.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TheGrendel

I’ve been thinking about switching from my Cooper STT Pros to Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Does anyone run the 37x13.50x17 in load range E? The load range E has me second guessing them.

Can't say much other than Critterjk said mounting his Nittos on his beadlocks were much, much easier than Cooper. bead didn't seem as thick.

Didn’t ORE run these tires on that video series of wheeling in the northeast and testing out the UD 60s? I watched those many times, trying to see how the ridge grapplers hooked up on the same obstacles that the trail grapplers did. Seemed like they kept up well in slick conditions. Isn’t Cozdude doing a build thread with these tires?

JPast

Didn’t ORE run these tires on that video series of wheeling in the northeast and testing out the UD 60s? I watched those many times, trying to see how the ridge grapplers hooked up on the same obstacles that the trail grapplers did. Seemed like they kept up well in slick conditions. Isn’t Cozdude doing a build thread with these tires?

Pretty sure he was running them in the lobster quest JL/JTX videos that Eddie put out.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the responses but I’m most curious about the “E” load rating. Not sure what size Mel was running in the videos. I guess I’ll go back and look.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Mine were E rated but they were 33s. It was definitely a little stiff but that was on a really light 2dr
Thanks for the responses but I’m most curious about the “E” load rating. Not sure what size Mel was running in the videos. I guess I’ll go back and look.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bear_JT

Hooked

You shouldn’t have any problems with the E rating. If anything it should give you more peace of mind with better sidewall strength. I prefer to run an E rated tire myself.

You shouldn’t have any problems with the E rating. If anything it should give you more peace of mind with better sidewall strength. I prefer to run an E rated tire myself.

I agree. E = better. ORE was definitely running 37s. That’s the biggest size that they make the ridge grappler. And they definitely weren’t running 35s to test out the UD60s

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
I agree. E = better. ORE was definitely running 37s. That’s the biggest size that they make the ridge grappler. And they definitely weren’t running 35s to test out the UD60s

Nitto makes both 12.5 and 13.5 width in the 37” ridge grappler. The 12.5 are load range C, and 13.5 are E. I was just wondering if anyone ran them. Thanks for all the feedback. [emoji106]

MOTOWN

Nitto makes both 12.5 and 13.5 width in the 37” ridge grappler. The 12.5 are load range C, and 13.5 are E. I was just wondering if anyone ran them. Thanks for all the feedback. [emoji106]

I have the 37" 13.5 Ridge grappler its the best tire I have ever run! excellent road manners and great off-road characteristics , and better millage than the trail grappler ive had both.

Ddays

Hooked
If the main concern is on-road characteristics with occasional wheeling I'd go with the 12.50/Load range C. Better ride and maybe a little better mileage. If off-road characteristics are the objective I'd go with the 13.50/Load range E.

Ok, ok I see what you were asking there. Didn’t realize it came in two widths. 13.5 = always better.

I have the 37" 13.5 Ridge grappler its the best tire I have ever run! excellent road manners and great off-road characteristics , and better millage than the trail grappler ive had both.

MOTOWN for the win. I’m wanting these tires now too...

Top Bottom