Fox Remote Reservoir Dead on Arrival??

ZachJKUR

Hello all, ordered new shocks for my JK. I have always enjoyed Fox products on Snowmobile and Mountain Bike and been impressed with performance and quality until today. One of the rear shock reservoirs has some red oil in all around it. It doesn't seem to be a lot of oil so I can tell if its residual from charging the shock/packing, or if it is indeed a leak. I have not taken it out of the plastic bag to avoid the potential mess and also in the event I need to just return it, and to avoid any warranty issues. What do you all think of the situation?
20200929_092349.jpg 20200929_092155.jpg

ZachJKUR

Give it a week it will stop
Plz explain?? Is it just mess from shipping/tuning?

UPDATE!!

They're sending a replacement but did not ask me to send the leaky one back. So my question is this, is it worth keeping as a backup in case one blows out? What might be required to stop the leak? Obviously I don't know where it is leaking from exactly because I never opened the wrap in order to avoid the mess, but I didn't know if anyone had an idea of where its most likely coming from.

Last edited:

JDE22

Plz explain?? Is it just mess from shipping/tuning?

UPDATE!!

They're sending a replacement but did not ask me to send the leaky one back. So my question is this, is it worth keeping as a backup in case one blows out? What might be required to stop the leak? Obviously I don't know where it is leaking from exactly because I never opened the wrap in order to avoid the mess, but I didn't know if anyone had an idea of where its most likely coming from.

The mechanic at my local shop told me that mine could be rebuilt, so I would assume that your leaky one could be as well...

*edit* I was told the shocks could be rebuilt...unsure about the resi....

Last edited:
Top Bottom