3.6 V6 Exhaust

Tamcaone

Hey guys,

Researching for an exhaust for my 3.6 Pentastar engine and I've noticed the only threads out there are people asking for the best exhausts and people responding with one exhaust and people agreeing. So, the point of this thread is, everyone post what exhaust setup you have on your JK/JKU 3.6, how you like it, and any other info you want to say about it!

Right now, I'm leaning towards the Magnaflow 17143 off-road exhaust.

Post videos if you got em!

I have the gibson 17306-b system. It's a split rear system that I've always like the look of on my dad's '72 bronco. This is the only company that makes one with that configuration. Sounds really good. Aggressive when you really get on it. Quiet at highway speeds. No drone either. Sorry don't have a full on rear pic of both pipes. Least this gives you an idea. IMG_20200919_122725268_HDR.jpg

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

wjtstudios

Hooked
A lot of us run the dynomax quiet crawler with very good results. One of the bigger decisions is a pre axle dump or do you take it out past the rear bumper. It will be more quiet if you take it out past the rear bumper, but you will limit rear axle travel. The rear track bar will usually hit the exhaust if you have maximized travel.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

SSRuger

You should search for Dynomax quiet crawler in this forum. It sounds really good and gets the exhaust away from alot of the rocks that like to come up and bite it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I pieced together my own dynomax quiet crawler exhaust from the thread here on the forum. Advance auto has most of the parts. I did pre-axle dump and it's been working great, sounds good, and no annoying drone. I used a bad 90 degree tip at first and it melted the e-brake cable. I replaced it with the sharp turn down in the picture and it fixed that issue.

No offense to the system on the red jeep, but I'd smash those tips flat on the first trail...
IMG_8036.jpg

Last edited:

black pearl

Hooked
I have the gibson 17306-b system. It's a split rear system that I've always like the look of on my dad's '72 bronco. This is the only company that makes one with that configuration. Sounds really good. Aggressive when you really get on it. Quiet at highway speeds. No drone either. Sorry don't have a full on rear pic of both pipes. Least this gives you an idea. View attachment 353871

I pieced together my own dynomax quiet crawler exhaust from the thread here on the forum. Advance auto has most of the parts. I did pre-axle dump and it's been working great, sounds good, and no annoying drone. I used a bad 90 degree tip at first and it melted the e-brake cable. I replaced it with the sharp turn down in the picture and it fixed that issue.

No offense to the system on the red jeep, but I'd smash those tips flat on the first trail...
View attachment 353933

That is a nice look for exhaust tips, but it’s a down side playing in rocks. I smashed my stock pipe shut twice. I guess it all depends on where you play.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is a nice look for exhaust tips, but it’s a down side playing in rocks. I smashed my stock pipe shut twice. I guess it all depends on where you play.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
So far I've been lucky not to smash then in the rocks. They seemed to be spaced back enough for when the rear tire comes off a decent sized rock not to hit them. Time will tell though

Top Bottom