Fs: 2012 jku

I have decided to list my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport with 120,XXX miles... I bought this from my then girlfriend now wife and added all sorts of fun mods. I believe we are the 2nd/3rd owner since she bought it from a dealership back in 2013 with only 25k miles on it... This Jeep has been all over the place and served us well. I haven't met a trail this Jeep couldn't tackle. This is my daily driver vehicle along with my motorcycle so the miles will increase.

We have maintained her well. As things broke or engine codes came we always took her over to the shop to get fixed. The only issue/damage we have is the driver side passenger door. This was a scrape that happened on the Rubicon Trail a few years ago. I just barely kissed the granite wall as I was following a 2-door JK down a wrong line heading back to Loon lake. We actually cracked the hardtop also. I replaced the hardtop but haven't fixed the door sheet metal yet.

We are asking $30,000 obo. We are located in Rancho Santa Margarita 92688 (home) or Tustin 92780 (Office) California. I'm open to all reasonable offers... you can DM me here or reply to this thread. If you want to see more pictures or if I forgot to add something just let me know.

Here is a list of things that are currently installed:

Suspension
• Off-road evolution installed:
4” evo mfg plush ride springs
Evo mfg extreme high clearance long arm kit
Yeti XD JK adjustable track bar
King shocks – front and rear
• 37” Nitto Trail Grappler tires
Spare tire never driven on
• Raceline beadlock wheels including spare tire
• Rubicon dana 44 axles
RCV axles
C gussets and trusses
• Rubicon electronic lockers – front and rear
• 5.13 gearing
• Currie anti-rock system with aluminum arms and mounts – rear

Interior
• Power windows – tinted with ceramic window film
• Stereo system:
Pioneer AVIC 5000NEX head unit with navigation
900-watt amp under passenger seat
Subwoofer box mounted to rear tailgate – 2 10inch woofers. Custom box to allow room for ARB 50-quart fridge also used as shelf when camping
All factory speakers have been upgraded
• Bestop black underseat locking drawer – driver side
• DC plug in rear – used to power fridge
• Weather tech floor mats front and rear
• Spod JK 6 switch and source system
• Superchips FlashPaq for Jeep

Exterior
• Rockslide engineering sliders with power steps – step covers both front and rear driver side and passenger side
• Front and rear bumpers – Poison Spyder
JK Brawler lite front bumper powder coated
Rock Brawler II rear bumper powder coated
• Teraflex JK HD Hinged Carrier and Spare Tire mounting kit
• Warn winch Zeon 8-S
Dominion Offroad 3/8” aramid synthetic rope
Factor55 Pro Link shackle mount
• Rigid Industries 10” light bar mounted on winch fairlead
• Fenders:
Front - Nemesis Industries Odyssey – aluminum and powder coated
Rear – Nemesis Industries Notorious – aluminum and powder coated
Poison Spyder inner fender liners powder coated
• Bestop Sunrider for hardtop – black twill… this takes the place of the 2 front freedom panels and acts like a convertible top. Just pull it back to open. I do have the 2 front freedom panels in the oem carrying bag.
• 2” trailer receiver
• Rockhard steel skid plates – Oil Pan/Transmission and transfer case coverage
• Poison spyder evap skid
• Dynomax Quiet Crawler high clearance cat back exhaust
• JE Reel 1310 HD Drive Line – front and rear
• Dynatrac ProGrip brake system front and rear
• Truck-Lite LED Headlights

20201004_120150.jpg 20201004_120157_LI.jpg 20201004_120223.jpg 20201004_120246_LI.jpg 20201004_120259.jpg 20201004_120343.jpg 20201004_120512.jpg 20201004_120835.jpg

Ok... I see there has been over 1000 views and no comments... I really suck at the selling part so now I'll ask for your honest feedback on my ad. Let me know your thoughts... is price too high, should I scrap the jeep, is it me, did I install the wrong components...?

WJCO

Meme King
Ok... I see there has been over 1000 views and no comments... I really suck at the selling part so now I'll ask for your honest feedback on my ad. Let me know your thoughts... is price too high, should I scrap the jeep, is it me, did I install the wrong components...?

I think it's too high. It's 8 years old with 120k on it. A brand new JLU Sport starts around 32k. Regardless of the mods, you never really get too much for them.

fiend

Caught the Bug
The price is at least $5k and maybe $10k too high. Who would spend $30k on a vehicle with 120k miles?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

MericaMade

The price is at least $5k and maybe $10k too high. Who would spend $30k on a vehicle with 120k miles?

Sorry OP but I agree with Fiend. Like I've said before there is always a sucker out there that may not known the baseline value or look at the addons and not care about paying a little extra. For a group like this we know the bottom value. I always have good luck with Facebook market place so give that a shot. I put mine up for sale for a unrealistic amount and still got attraction on it with Facebook. To be clear I was hoping for that individual with Daddy's pocketbook and was more concerned about the cool factor and was willing to pay for it.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

I also agree on the price being on the high side. i usually try to list high knowing i'll get low ball offers. I really do hate the sale side for anything. but then listing to high to start probably also works against me too.

i am flexible on price so if you do know anyone looking let them know.

gonna list it on an auto site tomorrow with an updated price... see if that brings in any buyers.

I do appreciate your feedback! TY for the honesty.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I also agree on the price being on the high side. i usually try to list high knowing i'll get low ball offers. I really do hate the sale side for anything. but then listing to high to start probably also works against me too.

i am flexible on price so if you do know anyone looking let them know.

gonna list it on an auto site tomorrow with an updated price... see if that brings in any buyers.

I do appreciate your feedback! TY for the honesty.

Honestly I would say list it at $29k on any other site (IE. Autotrader, cars, eBay, Craigslist) but here it would probably fetch $23k or $24k.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I didn’t get an offer over 18k for my 2012 JK8. It’s fairly built.

bmkrinne

I honestly think it’s a fair asking price for what it is. The miles are a little high but for the upgrades and current configuration, it’s not bad. Think about it.... buy a stock 2012 sport for $20-22k and then pay retail for all the upgrades on this Jeep. I bet you’d come out > $30k especially if you’re not turning your own wrenches.

I will say a very similarly built Jeep sold locally a few months ago for $26k and I thought it was a smoking deal!

fiend

Caught the Bug
It’s worth what someone will pay for it.

If you get $30k, that’s awesome.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
When I was shopping around to buy a Jeep back in 2011, I thought I don't need NEW, but after seeing what people wanted for used (30,000 to 80,000 miles) . I was like screw that. Just for piece of mind I was willing to spend $3000 more and put my own mods on it. My opinion is the only thing that would make a Jeep worth more than what it is (Years old and Miles) is have quality axles and top end suspension mods. Oh and a V8..

But hey You never know. Good luck.

Last edited:

MericaMade

When I was shopping around to buy a Jeep back in 2011, I thought I don't need NEW, but after seeing what people wanted for used (30,000 to 80,000 miles) . I was like screw that. Just for piece of mind I was willing to spend $3000 more and put my own mods on it. My opinion is the only thing that would make a Jeep worth more than what it is (Years old and Miles) is have quality axles and top end suspension mods. Oh and a V8..

But hey You never know. Good luck.
Same thing for me when I was shopping for my 17.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you for all your feedback... i did solicit the feedback and do appreciate your comments on all sides. All very valid points.

I am happy to say this Jeep is now SOLD!! New owner took delivery this morning. Sold it for a solid price. Sad to see it go but the new owners sound like they actually wheel and will use it!

Also we are staying the Jeep family as we bought a new 2021 JLUR on Saturday. Very excited to begin the journey again.

MericaMade

Thank you for all your feedback... i did solicit the feedback and do appreciate your comments on all sides. All very valid points.

I am happy to say this Jeep is now SOLD!! New owner took delivery this morning. Sold it for a solid price. Sad to see it go but the new owners sound like they actually wheel and will use it!

Also we are staying the Jeep family as we bought a new 2021 JLUR on Saturday. Very excited to begin the journey again.

Congrats on both the sale and purchase!

wjtstudios

Hooked

That’s great, let the build begin

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

WJCO

Meme King

Damn that was fast. Congrats. What color did you go with?

Top Bottom