Manual trans thoughts

jwrangler15

I’m hoping to buy a Gladiator soon, I have test driven the auto and manual myself and found the manual to be a slug when I test drove it, but it was also a very short test drive. I found this thread which I know is such a small sample size but was shocked to see how many people loved the manual that much. I used to own a 06 TJ 6 speed and loved it. I wish I never got rid of it, but that 8speed is so well put together. Just hoping I don’t make the wrong decision when I go to purchase. I’ll have to test drive them again. When I was younger I always said my dream vehicle would be a stick, and a wrangler with a truck bed. Any thoughts from the Gladiator owners or anyone who has driven the manual and auto?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

benatc1

Hooked
People will always defend and justify their purchases, especially that large of one. Whatever you like better and works best for you, go with it and I'm sure you'll be happy.

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
I’m hoping to buy a Gladiator soon, I have test driven the auto and manual myself and found the manual to be a slug when I test drove it, but it was also a very short test drive. I found this thread which I know is such a small sample size but was shocked to see how many people loved the manual that much. I used to own a 06 TJ 6 speed and loved it. I wish I never got rid of it, but that 8speed is so well put together. Just hoping I don’t make the wrong decision when I go to purchase. I’ll have to test drive them again. When I was younger I always said my dream vehicle would be a stick, and a wrangler with a truck bed. Any thoughts from the Gladiator owners or anyone who has driven the manual and auto?

Just a heads up, it's against the rules to post links to other forums.

As a JT and JL owner, the new 8 speed transmission is amazing. There's no way I'd even consider a manual based on the new technology. I grew up building muscle cars and ricers and 20ish years ago, and I would have never suggested an automatic transmission. But with current technology, the 8 speed Auto wins.

Weebz

Caught the Bug

The manual sucks. I love my manual in the JK but the manual in the JL is a dog and nowhere near as nice. Shift points are awful without a re-gear on 37s and even with 35s it was terrible.

Top Bottom