Lucas Injector Cleaner VS Seafoam

Jsouder53

Hooked
I got my Jeep back recently from the mechanic and was told my ticking noise is coming from the fuel injectors. I have a jug of Lucas fuel injector cleaner that I have used mostly on my work truck since it’s older and haven’t used it in a while on my Jeep. My co-worker suggested for me to use Seafoam.

Should I give Seafoam a shot?
Has anyone tried it?
Or continue with Lucas?

I just put a full tank of non ethanol premium in as well to hopefully help it as well.

Slimebones

I got my Jeep back recently from the mechanic and was told my ticking noise is coming from the fuel injectors. I have a jug of Lucas fuel injector cleaner that I have used mostly on my work truck since it’s older and haven’t used it in a while on my Jeep. My co-worker suggested for me to use Seafoam.

Has anyone tried it?
Or continue with Lucas?

I just put a full tank of non ethanol premium in as well to hopefully help it as well.

BG 44K for the win.

WJCO

Meme King

Has anyone tried it?
Or continue with Lucas?

Fuel injectors are suppose to tick. They're basically an electromagnet that opens and closes. Can you post a video of the ticking noise? I don't see how cleaning the injectors would change the noise from louder to quieter or vice versa.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^^^ This. I have to agree that “cleaning” them won’t make them quieter.

Last edited:

Jsouder53

Hooked
Fuel injectors are suppose to tick. They're basically an electromagnet that opens and closes. Can you post a video of the ticking noise? I don't see how cleaning the injectors would change the noise from louder to quieter or vice versa.

Oh weird. Yeah I’ll post a video later today.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

^^^ this. If they don’t tick then you have a problem lol

If you want to clean your injector ports then a good fuel cleaner will help break up the carbon deposits in the injector.

Jsouder53

Hooked
Yes. That sounds like injectors to me and sounds normal from the best I can tell from the video. If you can get to them, you can probably put your hands on them and feel the injector working as it's ticking. Did this just randomly start one day or something?

Over the past month or so it’s been getting louder. I’ll see if I can put my hand on them and feel. Thank you for the reassurance, I was worried it would be something worse.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’m not convinced that it’s the injectors. It’s very prominent. The injectors sound more muddled because there are 6 and more than one is firing every second. They remind me of a stream with the water going through rapids. This sounds more like some kind of interference or something loose. Maybe check out your belt and pulleys? Did you have this noise prior to installing your block heater? AC compressor is tight?

That sounds way loud, like valvetrain loud to me. I would grab a mechanic stethoscope and see if you can narrow it down a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Jsouder53

Hooked
I’m not convinced that it’s the injectors. It’s very prominent. The injectors sound more muddled because there are 6 and more than one is firing every second. They remind me of a stream with the water going through rapids. This sounds more like some kind of interference or something loose. Maybe check out your belt and pulleys? Did you have this noise prior to installing your block heater? AC compressor is tight?

Nothing is loose. The noise started about a month or so ago, and it gradually came on

Top Bottom