Positive post in fuse box loose and spinning

Whiskeyjack

So I was dicking around in my fuse box and apparently broke loose the positive post in the fusebox, and when I try to tighten the nut, the whole bolt spins. This isn't a HUGE issue for now, because the car still runs, but the connection isn't tight so I can imagine I'm going to have issues down the road (literally).

Before I start pulling it apart to see what I've done, does anyone have any experience with this or knows if it's going to be an easy fix?

So I was dicking around in my fuse box and apparently broke loose the positive post in the fusebox, and when I try to tighten the nut, the whole bolt spins. This isn't a HUGE issue for now, because the car still runs, but the connection isn't tight so I can imagine I'm going to have issues down the road (literally).

Before I start pulling it apart to see what I've done, does anyone have any experience with this or knows if it's going to be an easy fix?

You broke it, take it apart and look at it, then you can determine what needs to be done. Either tighten, glue, replace, or buy parts.

Whiskeyjack

You broke it, take it apart and look at it, then you can determine what needs to be done. Either tighten, glue, replace, or buy parts.

Yes I realize I broke it that's why I'm posting. I was hoping someone could share their knowledge and let me know what I've broken, perhaps the easiest way to fix it, etc. Ideally, if I need parts, I'd like to order them before I take the Jeep out of commission.

You’re missing the point. You broke it. You need to take it apart to figure out HOW you broke it. THEN you can have an idea how to move forward. Or if you want parts before you look at it, order a whole new one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Whiskeyjack

You’re missing the point. You broke it. You need to take it apart to figure out HOW you broke it. THEN you can have an idea how to move forward. Or if you want parts before you look at it, order a whole new one.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

I don't think I'm missing the point. I think it's responsible to find out what went wrong before taking my daily offline then later finding it's going to be days waiting for parts to fix it.

There's nothing wrong with asking anyone if they might have the answer to a problem before blindly jumping in and possibly making it worse.

Top Bottom