VIDEO : BETTER STRONGER FASTER MOBY - NEW Gen-V 6.2L LT V8 with 10-Speed Automatic

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
When it comes to V8 motor swaps in a Jeep, most people tend to think HEMI. And really, it makes sense being that they are in fact good engines, ones that put out a lot of power and let's face it, they're a part of the FCA family. In other words, they share the same DNA and therefore, should be a perfect match. But, there are other V8 options available and in my opinion, a few are an even better way to go. In fact, over the past 7 years, Cindy and I had been running a GM 6.2L LS under Moby's hood, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler and during that time, we racked up almost 100,000 miles on it. It was a great setup and one that we were really happy with but as Robbie from Motech reminded us, the LS was introduced well over 20 years ago and a lot has changed since then. Specifically, the LT Gen-V engine and 10L90 10-speed automatic transmission were introduced and together, they had a way of making the LS and HEMI feel old. Robbie told us about how he could use this technology to make Moby better than he was. Better, stronger, faster. And, before we knew it, we had left Moby behind for an extended stay at Motech. In this short video, you'll get to see what all we had done, learn a bit about why we had done it and even get a taste of what it has done for Moby.

Checkout WranglerJKLS: https://www.youtube.com/WranglerJKLS

Cindy and I would like to give a BIG THANKS Robbie, Gerry, Dan and Kalan for the kickass job they did on Moby! We really appreciate your attention to detail and for making him better, stronger and faster than ever before! :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20201006125135-d2aa24da-me.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
Damn, Robbie and Motech built Moby into even more of a beast. Can’t wait to see to the desert runs as you put it through it’s paces. It’s amazing how that has all been worked into a single module system, it definitely gives it a leg up on the Hemi swaps now.

That’s a great toy for Ripley! How long did it for Ripley to figure out the roll maneuver?

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Discount Tire

Now that's what I call an upgrade. You guys really know how to do it. I hope you get just as much reliability out of it as the last motor. :clap2:

The ending was cute. It's amazing how smart dogs are.

KICKROX

Pretty Awesome Eddie, although I must admit the ending was my favorite part watching the pup. :thumb:

jeeeep

Hooked
Holy baby jesus! That is sweet!!
Welcome back Moby!

silly youtube...sticks a bronco ad in your stream :cheesy:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Damn moby with exhaust cut outs!?!? That’s a sound to hear! Moby sounds amazing! They killed it!

JT@623

Hooked
Thanks for the video mines been there since May gives me something to look forward to :thumb: now I’ll have to save up for the evo suspension. Love the exhaust cut out .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not sure why but every time a new wayalife vid gets uploaded I hear my wallet scream as runs and hides.

:cheesy: Sorry about that :D

Damn, Robbie and Motech built Moby into even more of a beast. Can’t wait to see to the desert runs as you put it through it’s paces. It’s amazing how that has all been worked into a single module system, it definitely gives it a leg up on the Hemi swaps now.

That’s a great toy for Ripley! How long did it for Ripley to figure out the roll maneuver?

I won't lie, Moby was fun before but now, I'm embarrassed to say he's a little scary off road. Gonna take some getting used to. :blush:

Ripley is pretty smart. Didn't take her long at all. :yup:

Now that's what I call an upgrade. You guys really know how to do it. I hope you get just as much reliability out of it as the last motor. :clap2:

The ending was cute. It's amazing how smart dogs are.

I have a feeling that Moby will be even more reliable now especially because of the single module system he now has. :thumb:

Pretty Awesome Eddie, although I must admit the ending was my favorite part watching the pup. :thumb:

LOL - awesome :D

They stole my idea for an exhaust dump.

LOL - no reason why you can't still do it :)

DAMN!!!! So happy to see him kicking ass again!

Thank you :)

I gotta start filling up the ol piggy bank again... This really needs to happen...

:cheesy: I think you'd love it.

Good stuff! Looking forward to more.

More is coming :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome to see Moby back! That exhaust cutout is slick.

Thank you and yes, it is amazing to hear! :cool:

Awesome to see Moby back, can't wait for future videos.

Thank you. We're working on more now :)

Holy baby jesus! That is sweet!!
Welcome back Moby!

silly youtube...sticks a bronco ad in your stream :cheesy:

LOL - too funny. :crazyeyes:

Damn moby with exhaust cut outs!?!? That’s a sound to hear! Moby sounds amazing! They killed it!

You should hear it in person. It is out of this world cool! :cool:

Congrats man, sounds great!

Thank you :)

Thanks for the video mines been there since May gives me something to look forward to :thumb: now I’ll have to save up for the evo suspension. Love the exhaust cut out .

Hope you get yours back soon. You're gonna love it :thumb:

Top Bottom