The Escalator - Hell's Revenge - Moab, UT

bhaner

Question for the group. Anyone here been able to get up The Escalator in a 4 door?

I have tried twice now and haven't been able to pull it off.

Just curious.

I know it can be done. I just haven't quite figured it out yet.

DJI_0085.jpg

wjtstudios

Hooked
It’s all about the line like we saw on those videos. So many memories from that trip [emoji106]

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

jdofmemi

I seen video of a couple of four doors doing it, but they were skinny rigs with no stance.

I think this is one of the few obstacles where wider is not better.

bhaner

I seen video of a couple of four doors doing it, but they were skinny rigs with no stance.

I think this is one of the few obstacles where wider is not better.

I have one video of a guy on 41.5 pitbulls that is about 2" wider than I am. He made it easy.

Watched a video of Lite Brite doing it. They tried the line I did last time (high to the passenger side) but backed out because they thought it was going to roll. Then somehow drove right out of it.

Both times I have tried I end up in the same spot winching out. Once I get in the hole I am there...

bhaner

I was just watching some of the videos from the trip... At one point the comment as I was rocking side to side on only two diagonal tires... "He's like a ballerina". :cheesy:

jdofmemi

I'm ready to try it, after a couple of videos I seen.

Maybe I will get a chance and let you guys know.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Those videos just don’t do it justice how vertical and off camber that is

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

dillard09

I made it in my rig. Dont have any pics on my phone as I was driving but ill see if I can get sny from the guys I was with. First line I fell in the hole with passenger rear and was looking at the sky. Backed up and went more passenger with tires on that wall and rode it out.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I also tried this in my rig (lvl kit, 35s on stock wheels). I made the first part easily, the second part, spotter told me go driver and got stuck same spot youre in. I knew I shoulda listened to my gut and stuck passenger. If it wasn’t for that, I would of made it easily. Instead got stuck with the nose of the Jeep in the air and having a fume fest from my oil hitting the exhaust and Jeep shut off. had to get winched out also.

Top Bottom