Weird ear pressure going over bumps

vasquez27

So last week I did a long 8 hour drive out and back and notice a change since being home. Going 50/60 mph over a mildly bumpy road creates the same weird ear pressure sensation as when you’re on the highway with just one window cracked open. This is happening with the windows closed. Any idea on what that could be? I do have an after market lift in that has a lean to it, adjusting the control arms are on my list as one is 18.25in and the other is 18.5in and they’re supposed to be 18.75in. I’m assuming that might contribute to the lean but wasn’t sure if something might be going on there for this weird pressure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

vasquez27

So last week I did a long 8 hour drive out and back and notice a change since being home. Going 50/60 mph over a mildly bumpy road creates the same weird ear pressure sensation as when you’re on the highway with just one window cracked open. This is happening with the windows closed. Any idea on what that could be? I do have an after market lift in that has a lean to it, adjusting the control arms are on my list as one is 18.25in and the other is 18.5in and they’re supposed to be 18.75in. I’m assuming that might contribute to the lean but wasn’t sure if something might be going on there for this weird pressure thing.

Front upper control arms

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
How big are the bumps? Sudden large drops in elevation can cause ear pressure. My guess is the drop was 500+ feet? Might want to upgrade your roll cage.

vasquez27

How big are the bumps? Sudden large drops in elevation can cause ear pressure. My guess is the drop was 500+ feet? Might want to upgrade your roll cage.

No change in elevation when driving lately. Just a paved road that is a little bumpy and not smooth. I did drive out from Denver to Kansas originally but now it’s just happening on a daily basis which is weird.

Your doors likely not sealing, hit a bump and they break the seal for a second then seal again making your ears pop or whatever.

vasquez27

Your doors likely not sealing, hit a bump and they break the seal for a second then seal again making your ears pop or whatever.

That sounds like it could be a huge pain to fix. Probably no good way to isolate where it’s coming from I assume? Maybe just line the doors with weather stripping?

pop2tu

That sounds like it could be a huge pain to fix. Probably no good way to isolate where it’s coming from I assume? Maybe just line the doors with weather stripping?

Try opening each door about 4” or so, then lift up on the back of the door. If you get quite a bit of up and down wiggle you might just need new liners for your hinge pins, that might fix it.

Top Bottom