Howling Noise / Rear Axle Noise

tOSU

I have a 2020 JL unlimited sport s it has a little less than 5000 miles on it. We bought a hardtop for it and put it on last weekend. I did not notice it the first couple of days but as I drove it more I noticed the noise getting louder. My question is, is there a echo noise with the hardtop on? The Jeep is still in stock configuration so no lift or bigger tires on it yet. The noise to me sounds like a lifted truck with 40” tires on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
I have a 2020 JL unlimited sport s it has a little less than 5000 miles on it. We bought a hardtop for it and put it on last weekend. I did not notice it the first couple of days but as I drove it more I noticed the noise getting louder. My question is, is there a echo noise with the hardtop on? The Jeep is still in stock configuration so no lift or bigger tires on it yet. The noise to me sounds like a lifted truck with 40” tires on it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you saying up until 5K miles you had the soft top and the noise level was much less?

Hard tops reflect noise yes. They make headliners for them. On the upside your stereo should sound better now.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

tOSU

Rear axle bearings

A few days ago I wrote on hear that I had a howling noise and could not figure it out and I thought at first it was because I switched and put the hardtop on. Well the howling noise turned into a grinding noise and come to find out the rear main bearings are bad and now I also have to get the rear axle replaced. My Jeep only has 5200 miles on it so it’s covered under the warranty.

So I just wanted to make everyone aware that this may be an issue.

jesse3638

Hooked
A few days ago I wrote on hear that I had a howling noise and could not figure it out and I thought at first it was because I switched and put the hardtop on. Well the howling noise turned into a grinding noise and come to find out the rear main bearings are bad and now I also have to get the rear axle replaced. My Jeep only has 5200 miles on it so it’s covered under the warranty.

So I just wanted to make everyone aware that this may be an issue.

Glad it's covered under warranty. Hopefully you'll get it back quick.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom