Steering Wheel Over Rotating

surfobx031

Bounced around on beach yesterday and after airing up noticed my steering wheel was rotating way past normal. Wondering if this is a steering gear issue that can be tightened up or replaced, or maybe something else. Already plan on replacing most of steering linkage this week anyways but this is a new twist.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

Bounced around on beach yesterday and after airing up noticed my steering wheel was rotating way past normal. Wondering if this is a steering gear issue that can be tightened up or replaced, or maybe something else. Already plan on replacing most of steering linkage this week anyways but this is a new twist.

Details on jeep. Stock, lifted, new, old?

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yj or tj?

Nothing should be able to make the steering wheel take more turns. If your steering gear is THAT shot that you can turn the wheel (input) without the same output at the pitman, it likely would’ve killed you on the road by now.

Can you elaborate on what it’s actually doing? How many more turns of what vs what it used to be etc.

Any other changes? Things like maybe you took the sway bar links off to play?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King

Joe Biden, is that you? Please elaborate.

Top Bottom