Stored OBD code

jkwaterdog

Anyone know if ‘stored’ codes will clear by themself. 2008 wrangler 3.8 Battling CA emission nightmare. I’m hearing competing info regarding the state of stored codes in a smog check. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Anyone know if ‘stored’ codes will clear by themself. 2008 wrangler 3.8 Battling CA emission nightmare. I’m hearing competing info regarding the state of stored codes in a smog check. Thx

Stored codes will appear if you run a DTC check but only current codes will set the CEL. I’m not sure how CA runs their emissions but here in PA as long as the CEL is not on and your emissions flags are set you pass the emissions test.

jkwaterdog

Spend 20 bucks on Amazon and get a Bluetooth obd2 reader and clear it.

Thanks but I have a OBD2 scanner. Dont want to clear it as it took forever to complete the readiness monitor for the catalyst and oxygen sensors. Also not sure a clear will erase the stored codes. Trying to find out if these will clear themselves or if i need to start again with all the F’ing monitors. Ugh

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Thanks but I have a OBD2 scanner. Dont want to clear it as it took forever to complete the readiness monitor for the catalyst and oxygen sensors. Also not sure a clear will erase the stored codes. Trying to find out if these will clear themselves or if i need to start again with all the F’ing monitors. Ugh

Might just be easier to move somewhere without emissions testing 🤷*♀️

jkwaterdog

Sooooo..Went to my 4th shop and finally found one that would run the smog check. Lo and behold it passed. So i guess that answers the question that Stored code will not impact a CA smog. Also goes to show you the smog tech dont know what they are talking about. Thanks for the replies [emoji106][emoji106][emoji631][emoji631]

Top Bottom