Whirlwind Trip AND a NEW JEEP

RockinAZJK

Caught the Bug
Since 2015 I have owned a 2008 JKU that I've been rather attached to. Then in March of this year I was in an accident and spent the next 6 months without it as the best frame guy I know was booked up. Its finally fixed and about to go up for sale but in that time I realized I'd be much happier with something else.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I saw HighwayTrout mention that he'd be interested in selling his 2013 10A Rubicon. After some time of deliberation I decided to make it happen. A buddy and I flew from Austin, TX to San Jose, CA, on a Friday night and picked up the Jeep. On Saturday morning we set out and drove 1,700 miles back to Texas by Sunday night. Needless to say it was a loooong drive but I could not be happier.

HUGE thanks to HighwayTrout for making this deal happen and meeting us late Friday night and another HUGE thanks to Matt for making the trip with me.
Added the few pics I took below

Friday night at about Midnight parked at our hotel
IMG_0721.jpg

Saturday morning in Santa Cruz
IMG_5656.jpg

Saturday night in Coachella. We had a camshaft positioning sensor go out and throw the Jeep into limp mode. Swapped the sensor and put a heavier weight oil in.
IMG_5677.jpg

Saturday morning crossing into New Mexico
IMG_5682.jpg

Last edited:

Elroy231

Since 2015 I have owned a 2008 JKU that I've been rather attached to. Then in March of this year I was in an accident and spent the next 6 months without it as the best frame guy I know was booked up. Its finally fixed but in that time I realized I'd be much happier with something else.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago when I saw HighwayTrout mention that he'd be interested in selling his 2013 10A Rubicon. After some time of deliberation I decided to make it happen. A buddy and I flew from Austin, TX to San Jose, CA, on a Friday night and picked up the Jeep. On Saturday morning we set out and drove 1,700 miles back to Texas by Sunday night. Needless to say it was a loooong drive but I could not be happier.

HUGE thanks to HighwayTrout for making this deal happen and meeting us late Friday night and another HUGE thanks to Matt for making the trip with me.
Added the few pics I took below

Friday night at about Midnight parked at our hotel
View attachment 354350

Saturday morning in Santa Cruz
View attachment 354352

Saturday night in Coachella. We had a camshaft positioning sensor go out and throw the Jeep into limp mode. Swapped the sensor and put a heavier weight oil in.
View attachment 354354

Saturday morning crossing into New Mexico
View attachment 354355
Congrats on the new jeep! It is a great lookin rig.

Sent from my SM-G965U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dude when you sent me the text about the check engine light my heart stopped. Couldn’t believe it. So glad you got it going again.

Congrats! Thanks! And I hope she treats you well.

Top Bottom