JK Evo Tire Carrier Fitment Question

joegsx

I installed a EVO Tire Carrier on my JK. I have a gap at the top of the passenger side that allows water to get past the tailgate seal. Unsure how to adjust. Anyone run into something like this? I emailed EVO waiting to hear back. IMG_6125.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

MericaMade

I installed a EVO Tire Carrier on my JK. I have a gap at the top of the passenger side that allows water to get past the tailgate seal. Unsure how to adjust. Anyone run into something like this? I emailed EVO waiting to hear back. View attachment 354403

Mounting bracket hinge plate on the inside needs different shims or is installed to far back.

Sent from my SM-N975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Bierpower

Hooked
I installed a EVO Tire Carrier on my JK. I have a gap at the top of the passenger side that allows water to get past the tailgate seal. Unsure how to adjust. Anyone run into something like this? I emailed EVO waiting to hear back. View attachment 354403

We just installed this on my coworkers jeep a couple of weeks ago and it was the same. I think most people stack some washers on the upper bolts that used to be in the hinge. That should push the panel back toward the seal more. Only issue is it's a pain to get in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yup and it didn’t sit flush against the tailgate no matter how I adjusted it. If I tightened down all the bolts it pulled and deformed the inner sheet metal. I ended up pulling and selling it and going back to my old TF carrier. Eventually I just deleted the spare for the time being. But I was highly unimpressed with the fitment of it.

Mine fit the same and I stacked some washers using some masking tape to hold in place while I put the bolt through. No leaks and carrier is really stable w heavy wheel and 37” tire and hitting fast bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

TheGrendel

Yup and it didn’t sit flush against the tailgate no matter how I adjusted it. If I tightened down all the bolts it pulled and deformed the inner sheet metal. I ended up pulling and selling it and going back to my old TF carrier. Eventually I just deleted the spare for the time being. But I was highly unimpressed with the fitment of it.

same. i was not impressed with the fitment of the Evo carrier and got rid of it.

joegsx

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this post. Evo Off-road replied quickly and noted they have come across this in rare occasions. They are sending me another shim to use on the top to close the gap. If anyone else is experiencing this issue I recommend contacting Evo. Great customer service.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug
Sorry for the delay in getting back to this post. Evo Off-road replied quickly and noted they have come across this in rare occasions. They are sending me another shim to use on the top to close the gap. If anyone else is experiencing this issue I recommend contacting Evo. Great customer service.

Mine does the same thing. But I haven’t noticed it leaking yet. Thanks for the info.

Sent from Lookout Mtn.

Top Bottom