Gladiator Trailer Brake Controller

Any recommendations on a trailer brake controller for the Gladiator? Also, any information on when Mopar may release an OEM brake controller? Thank you.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I’ve been waiting for the Mopar one. In the mean time I’ve been using the Curt Echo wireless brake controller. I was skeptical but it’s work good so far towing my 3500lb 22’ dual axle travel trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

bonedoc

I have one ordered through my local dealer. A friend of mine is the service manager. He checked it Sat and it had an ETA of 10/21/2020. Will keep everyone posted.

bonedoc

Got my brake module and finally installed it several days ago. Looks great. Functions as it should. Installation was easy and straightforward. Mounting the module under the dash was a bit of a pain but I think that was because I'm a big guy and getting under there was less than ideal...LOL. Took my trailer out with it about 2 days ago and it performed with no issues. I personally wanted this one because I didn't want to drill into my dash or anything. The loss of the OEM outlet wasn't a big deal to me.

brake module1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
Got my brake module and finally installed it several days ago. Looks great. Functions as it should. Installation was easy and straightforward. Mounting the module under the dash was a bit of a pain but I think that was because I'm a big guy and getting under there was less than ideal...LOL. Took my trailer out with it about 2 days ago and it performed with no issues. I personally wanted this one because I didn't want to drill into my dash or anything. The loss of the OEM outlet wasn't a big deal to me.

That looks really clean. How much was it? And what all is involved in the wiring? I assume there's no cutting or splicing? And no running wires to the rear factory hitch?

bonedoc

That looks really clean. How much was it? And what all is involved in the wiring? I assume there's no cutting or splicing? And no running wires to the rear factory hitch?

Totally plug and play. The part was 299.00 and it includes everything needed except...for the T-shaped tool to remove the factory power plug. I ended up running over to my local dealer and they popped it out really quick. I just didn't want to break it. The factory plug for the trailer is taped up under dash under the steering wheel to the left. It is a tight fit getting in there and that was the hardest part , I found. I almost pulled out the front seat to give me more room but I'm 6'4" and 275lbs. A tight fit to wiggle in there...LOL.
Now...I'm hearing that some Gladiators with build dates prior to Jan 2020 are having some electrical and code issues with this and Jeep is working on a fix for that. Mine is a Jan 08 2020 build and I was fine

Attachments

• gladiator star report.jpg
    gladiator star report.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Totally plug and play. The part was 299.00 and it includes everything needed except...for the T-shaped tool to remove the factory power plug. I ended up running over to my local dealer and they popped it out really quick. I just didn't want to break it. The factory plug for the trailer is taped up under dash under the steering wheel to the left. It is a tight fit getting in there and that was the hardest part , I found. I almost pulled out the front seat to give me more room but I'm 6'4" and 275lbs. A tight fit to wiggle in there...LOL.
Now...I'm hearing that some Gladiators with build dates prior to Jan 2020 are having some electrical and code issues with this and Jeep is working on a fix for that. Mine is a Jan 08 2020 build and I was fine

That isn’t a bad price, and that’s one of the nicest looking units I’ve seen.

bonedoc

That isn’t a bad price, and that’s one of the nicest looking units I’ve seen.

I didn't feel it was bad either especially for one that integrates into the dash. The dash area is tight enough without having to hang a box off of it. I know the redarc unit is small as well but I didn't want to drill into my dash either.

Top Bottom