Winch Specifications

Norm

To what ft lbs of torque are the mounting bolts of a winch tightened to?

This would be for a Rough Country 9500lb Synthetic Line Winch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
If you know the size and grade of the bolts you can find general torque specs online. Otherwise the winch manufacturer should have given you specs if they provided the mounting hardware.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
So is smittybilt

Most are. Tuff..., Smitty, Barricade, most you can name. It doesn't always mean that they are inferior.
MY POINT is...more times than not someone will post a product on here, and gets slammed because someone will say...oh it's not " ", it's chinese. Most products we buy are assembled in China. This is a topic that would go on for miles.
I would buy an EVO VR...ALL VR'S ARE BUILT IN CHINA! This is why the price is more competitive, (affordable).

Last edited:
Most are. Tuff..., Smitty, Barricade, most you can name. It doesn't always mean that they are inferior.
MY POINT is...more times than not someone will post a product on here, and gets slammed because someone will say...oh it's not " ", it's chinese. Most products we buy are assembled in China. This is a topic that would go on for miles.
I would buy an EVO VR...ALL VR'S ARE BUILT IN CHINA! This is why the price is more competitive, (affordable).

Yep. Totally agree. It’s a big reason I bought my VR10S. A $1500 winch wasn’t in the budget and I’d buy the new EVO VR in a heartbeat... oh wait... [emoji48][emoji48][emoji48]

Donjohn

Steel cable or synthetic rope for winch – what should I choose? If you are on a look out for a winch, try to read this review of the best winches.

Last edited:
Top Bottom