AX15 v NV3550

JJ151

Trying to decide if I should replace my AX15 again or put in a NV3550 instead. NV4500 is not an option at this time. This is in a 98 TJ with a 5.3 LM7 and Atlas tcase. If anyone has specific info or links to info it would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
Trying to decide if I should replace my AX15 again or put in a NV3550 instead. NV4500 is not an option at this time. This is in a 98 TJ with a 5.3 LM7 and Atlas tcase. If anyone has specific info or links to info it would be appreciated. Thanks!

It’s my understanding that there’s not a significant difference in strength or gearing between the AX and the NV3550. But there is a big difference in the 45. The first gear is lower and the state of the unit is levels above the other too. Behind my 360 in my scrambler, I elected to upgrade to the 45 because of putting an atlas in. I didn’t want the transmission to be the weak link.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
I do think that the AX15 is more readily available and from my research is cheaper. Check out Novak. That’s where I bought mine from.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I preferred the feel of my ax15 over the nv honestly. I think it was quieter too, I ran the same Redline fluid in both. The ax uses an annoying lock ring thing for shifter nv uses 4 bolts. NV has easier to access fill and drain. The price difference alone would have me going with the ax if I were you. You really gain nothing by paying more for the nv.
One mans opinion.

Top Bottom