The build of Enola "AKA the super fortress!!!

G-mansjk

Finally got some progress on the jeep. Did some maintenance all fluids, sparkplugs, full on frame and suspension checks. Threw on a 2.5 RC budget boost for now. 35x12.5r17 duratracs and procomp 97 series wheels. And a few little dumb things like esp kill switch, a cargo cover and a wax job haha! Over all I'm happier than a pig in shit. Just wish I could have found flat black rims in the same style. Next step cutting fenders and rubi rails. Image.jpg Image%20(1).jpg 20201020_162903.jpg 20201021_172438.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

G-mansjk

Thanks guys it was a pain but I'm happy with the finished product. Still have some fine tuning to do on the fender liners but gotta go get a heat gun first

G-mansjk

Figured I'd do the hinge liners today because they were pretty crusty. What a freaking pain that was!!! I tried folding over the top edge and soaking with pb blaster over night but still ended up knocking 3 hinges out of alignment no matter what I tried. After the frustration of knocking 3 out of alignment I figured I'd just try anything else to help get the bastards out easier. I took a beater flat head screwdriver held it to the top back edge of the liner and tapped it with a hammer all the way down to cut a second slot in the liner then was able to drive it out with ease. Wish I would have taken some pictures but hopefully this little trick can help some of you in the future because realigning the hinges is a major pain!!

Top Bottom