Double Cardan DS

Zeus

Hi Guys

Some advise please...

So I replaced my front stock drive shaft with a Spicer parts DS as the CV started spewing greese. (we cant get Adams or Tom Woods in South Africa)

Here is my question, someone told me I cannot travel highway and long distances with a double cardan DS up front he actually said he disconnected his for highway driving, is this true?

My Setup

2 Door JK Rubicon, 2.5 AEV with drop brackets and 35's 4.88 gears

Your advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
Definitely Not true.
If he disconnected for highway driving was it because of vibrations? His could be out of balance.

fiend

Caught the Bug
If you get vibrations, you’ll need a solution. Removing the drive shaft is one solution, albeit not a practical one. Adjusting the pinion angle is another. That usually requires adjustable control arms.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Guys

Some advise please...

So I replaced my front stock drive shaft with a Spicer parts DS as the CV started spewing greese. (we cant get Adams or Tom Woods in South Africa)

Here is my question, someone told me I cannot travel highway and long distances with a double cardan DS up front he actually said he disconnected his for highway driving, is this true?

My Setup

2 Door JK Rubicon, 2.5 AEV with drop brackets and 35's 4.88 gears

Your advise will be appreciated.

Thanks

First off, the grease that you saw is not a big deal. Most likely excess just getting flung off and nothing to worry about. Second, you can totally drive long distances with a double cardan drive shaft. Disconnecting it is just stupid.

Zeus

Thanks Eddie

No mine is 100% no vibrations, I was just told you cannot drive with a double cardan for long distances on the higway

That all I wanted to make sure of as I never heard that before.

Thanks

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For whatever it’s with, I think Spicer makes a quality drive shaft and better than some of the popular name brands out there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom