Randomly cut wires, can anyone identify?

ColeHanlon

IMG_4053.jpg

I was checking diff fluid today and noticed these randomly cut wires hanging down by the front diff. I’ve had a wheel speed sensor issue on the front left wheel and changed out multiple sensors and never solved the issue. Could these wires be for the abs sensor?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

WJCO

Meme King
I was checking diff fluid today and noticed these randomly cut wires hanging down by the front diff. I’ve had a wheel speed sensor issue on the front left wheel and changed out multiple sensors and never solved the issue. Could these wires be for the abs sensor?

I see you have a Sahara so it wouldn't be from a locker on the previous axle. Did you do the aftermarket axle swap or did a shop? Were you having the speed sensor issue prior to that as well?

ColeHanlon

I see you have a Sahara so it wouldn't be from a locker on the previous axle. Did you do the aftermarket axle swap or did a shop? Were you having the speed sensor issue prior to that as well?

Shop did it. Issue started after the swap. Front ProRock was used, so maybe a bad wheel bearing causing the issue? I’m gonna have to just follow the wires and see where they lead.

ColeHanlon

After checking, these wires are coming from the abs sensor plug behind the shock tower. Anybody have any idea where they are supposed to feed into? Abs module somewhere in engine bay?

jesse3638

Hooked
After checking, these wires are coming from the abs sensor plug behind the shock tower. Anybody have any idea where they are supposed to feed into? Abs module somewhere in engine bay?

They should tie into the harness that runs along the frame then along the front crash bar behind the bumper. They would be inside the black plastic loom.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

ColeHanlon

They should tie into the harness that runs along the frame then along the front crash bar behind the bumper. They would be inside the black plastic loom.

Thank you so much, I just checked and by the coloring of wires it looks like you're right. I stupidly cut that loom out thinking that it was just connections for the fog lights, when I installed an aftermarket bumper. :doh:

jesse3638

Hooked
Thank you so much, I just checked and by the coloring of wires it looks like you're right. I stupidly cut that loom out thinking that it was just connections for the fog lights, when I installed an aftermarket bumper. :doh:
Whoops! Glad you got it all sorted out. Couple waterproof butt connectors and you should be good to go.

Top Bottom