Put in a new factory TIPM......dashboard still freaking out.

thedrod

Hello everybody.

I've posted in here before about this issue, and I replaced the TIPM with one from Maks.
I still had the problem come back after a while.
I finally got a factory TIPM for quite bit more......and my Jeep dash is still freaking out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPIe2piNGPc

This is a 2015 JKUR.
I'm curious if anybody has something I could start with checking.
When this issue occurs, the gauges flat line, it chimes, the windshield wipers turn on by themselves twice, the headlights turn on (if they are off) and the turn signals stop working.
Then it goes right back to being normal. The radio continues playing fine, the AC continues working.

I'm at a loss. This is really annoying.
Check out the youtube video for a sample.

Any input anybody could give me would help a lot.

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
I believe JKBrick ended up replacing the entire Dash display to resolve the issue

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JKbrick

Hey, I went the whole circle with MAK’s because I was being cheap and didn’t listen to everyone that told me to take it to the dealership. When I finally gave up and took it in they tested it and ordered me a new cluster and it’s all fixed. Was like $1100, plus everything I wasted on the tipm

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

thedrod

Hey, I went the whole circle with MAK’s because I was being cheap and didn’t listen to everyone that told me to take it to the dealership. When I finally gave up and took it in they tested it and ordered me a new cluster and it’s all fixed. Was like $1100, plus everything I wasted on the tipm

Is there a video of what yours did? Or is it exactly like mine?

JKbrick

Is there a video of what yours did? Or is it exactly like mine?

I never did a video, plus I’d never figure out how to put it on YouTube if I did [emoji23][emoji23], anyway I had a dead dash, no turn signals, headlights on, wipers on, there was a red light on but I don’t even know what that was
IMG_1665.jpg
There may have been other things I don’t recall anymore. I’m sure it is all in my thread from me crying about it for months!

thedrod

I never did a video, plus I’d never figure out how to put it on YouTube if I did [emoji23][emoji23], anyway I had a dead dash, no turn signals, headlights on, wipers on, there was a red light on but I don’t even know what that was
View attachment 354890
There may have been other things I don’t recall anymore. I’m sure it is all in my thread from me crying about it for months!

What year is yours?

jeeeep

Hooked
have you had your clock spring tested? looks like my dash when the clock spring finally had a total failure along with the turn signal and cruise control modules.

Can't tell you which one affected the others but the dash started with the airbag warning then it would go away, then the cruise control would work intermittently, then the radio would get goofy but nothing steady... this went on for about a year before total failure.

No solid red dot like JKbrick is showing

sipafz

Caught the Bug
View attachment 354890

The red light is the security system. WCM waiting to verify the key.

thedrod

have you had your clock spring tested? looks like my dash when the clock spring finally had a total failure along with the turn signal and cruise control modules.

Can't tell you which one affected the others but the dash started with the airbag warning then it would go away, then the cruise control would work intermittently, then the radio would get goofy but nothing steady... this went on for about a year before total failure.

No solid red dot like JKbrick is showing

I have not. I’ve been very resistant to go to the dealer, but it is looking more and more like I have no choice.

Murphyfish

Caught the Bug
The red light is the security system. WCM waiting to verify the key.

I thought the same thing, but due to lack of experience, I didn’t want to comment. That’s the light I got when my main key hit 5 years old.
I’ve had ghost dash. Twice was my fault... improper wiring for my winch didn’t allow the + battery terminal to seat.
Third was a shit battery I bought cuz I had to get to work. So that’s more than likely my fault too.
Check your battery first. Check your key next.
Your problem my be simpler than you think.
Get your key rehabbed (an Ace hardware can do that at about 60% cost of a dealer) and replace your battery with an interstate or optimum.
Think like this,
The TIPM is the brain.
The battery is the lungs.
If the lungs don’t provide the brain with enough O2, the brain can’t function right.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:
Top Bottom