Wheels

Bigredjku

So I have the stock 2019 Sahara rims. If I’m not wrong they are 7 inch wide and they are 18 inches. I was wondering what is the biggest tire I can run. And if I need spacers what size. I’m planning on installing a 3.5 lift kit

Sent from my iPhone

jeeeep

Hooked
So I have the stock 2019 Sahara rims. If I’m not wrong they are 7 inch wide and they are 18 inches. I was wondering what is the biggest tire I can run. And if I need spacers what size. I’m planning on installing a 3.5 lift kit

Sent from my iPhone

nice looking wheel but I'd look for some 17's to trade for or get new wheels. Tires for 18" wheels tend to cost more have less selection.

i think with anything larger than what comes with the Sahara like a 35", you will need a 2" spacer lift or 3" if you plan to wheel it

IMO I'd max out at a 315/70/18 pretty much a 35" tire, may still have some rubbing at full turn but you can adjust out the stops before needing spacers ... but i'm not sure on the spacers part.

tire size calculator: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug

Sent from my iPhone

I think those wheels are 7 1/2” wide. As for the biggest tire? Depends on a bunch of variables:

Tire manufacturers - They all have charts posted on-line as to the specifics including minimum rim width for each model and size.

Lift - 3.5” should accommodate 35’s easy

Spacers - You will need them! Most here including myself will recommend 1 1/2” Spider Trax

Comfort with being out of spec - For example, lets say you want some Cooper STT Pro’s. An 18x7.5 wheel will accommodate LT295/70R18 at 34.5”:

IMG_2526.jpg

However it’s common that people run larger tires than what the charts say.

Hope that helps and welcome to Wayalife!

Bigredjku

nice looking wheel but I'd look for some 17's to trade for or get new wheels. Tires for 18" wheels tend to cost more have less selection.

i think with anything larger than what comes with the Sahara like a 35", you will need a 2" spacer lift or 3" if you plan to wheel it

IMO I'd max out at a 315/70/18 pretty much a 35" tire, may still have some rubbing at full turn but you can adjust out the stops before needing spacers ... but i'm not sure on the spacers part.

tire size calculator: https://tiresize.com/calculator/

Okay, thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look at my budget and take it into consideration!! Thank you for the calculator it really did help!!

Sent from my iPhone

Bigredjku

I think those wheels are 7 1/2” wide. As for the biggest tire? Depends on a bunch of variables:

Tire manufacturers - They all have charts posted on-line as to the specifics including minimum rim width for each model and size.

Lift - 3.5” should accommodate 35’s easy

Spacers - You will need them! Most here including myself will recommend 1 1/2” Spider Trax

Comfort with being out of spec - For example, lets say you want some Cooper STT Pro’s. An 18x7.5 wheel will accommodate LT295/70R18 at 34.5”:

View attachment 354910

However it’s common that people run larger tires than what the charts say.

Hope that helps and welcome to Wayalife!

Okay I will take a look into the spider trax spacers. Do you think the Cooper STT Pro’s are bette than the rest? And if yes why? It really helped thank you so much! It made my life easier!

Sent from my iPhone

Bear_JT

Hooked

Sent from my iPhone

Do you plan on staying with your stock wheels? If you’re going with a 3.5” lift you would benefit from swapping to a 17” wheel that’s a little wider. You can easily run a 35x12.5/17 with a leveling kit. It all depends which route you wanna take.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Okay I will take a look into the spider trax spacers. Do you think the Cooper STT Pro’s are bette than the rest? And if yes why? It really helped thank you so much! It made my life easier!

Sent from my iPhone

I love mine, but I’ve only had them for 9 months / 8,000 miles. They have good road manners and are pretty quiet for mud tires. They perform really well in dry and mud - ok on wet and snow - not the best on ice which is typical of any mud tire. American made is a bonus.

Bigredjku

Do you plan on staying with your stock wheels? If you’re going with a 3.5” lift you would benefit from swapping to a 17” wheel that’s a little wider. You can easily run a 35x12.5/17 with a leveling kit. It all depends which route you wanna take.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Yes I was planning on keeping them because of my budget. But would trying to sell those and get 17” wheels would be a better option? Or down the road I could buy the 17” wheels and just keep the stock ones for a few months.

Sent from my iPhone

Top Bottom