Pic request: Front and Rear bumpers

otisnruby

Will be purchasing a front bumper over the next couple of weeks, among other things, and wanted to get some pics to show my CFO...wife. She like the look of the AEV front bumper with the tube.

Regarding the rear bumper, no need for a tire carrier as we went with the TF HD carrier. No real rush.

Side note:
Will be getting a Warn Zeon winch at the same time the bumper is purchased.

Current setup:
JKUS...lol
RK 2.5 lift on 35s
Stock fenders no plans to replace or cut...yet

Thanks for the help...

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Lod is awesome, but pricey. ARB has some good ones. My Favorite is JCR because of the look and the price. Plus its American made!!! The EVO Quarter Pounder is badass too. Im not much for "tube" fenders. (Personal choice) A very low cost good lookin stubby, I would look at the Rough Country stubby.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

lmkeck

I made my own over two years ago... didn't like the look with the stock flares so I cut them. Not sure if it's a stubby or not, but if it is, you may run into the same thing.

sent from my s3 using tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364302431863.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364302431863.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 883
  • uploadfromtaptalk1364302494284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364302494284.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 881

otisnruby

Lod is awesome, but pricey. ARB has some good ones. My Favorite is JCR because of the look and the price. Plus its American made!!! The EVO Quarter Pounder is badass too. Im not much for "tube" fenders. (Personal choice) A very low cost good lookin stubby, I would look at the Rough Country stubby.

Thanks for the info. :thumb: Looked at the LOD and EVO bumpers, still have to get final approval as this is actually my wife's Jeep. I hope to get mine soon

I made my own over two years ago... didn't like the look with the stock flares so I cut them. Not sure if it's a stubby or not, but if it is, you may run into the same thing.

Great job. Not at the level where I would make my own, but it would make things easier...

Philip *AZ*

Banned
A front JCR is under $500, Without checking I believe their Rear with carrier is $1100. You will damn near spend that on 1 rear from other companies. Just tryin to help you grease up the sell to the boss..lol

Just ordered the LoD Mid width front bumper with winch guard and their rear bumper with gen 3 tire carrier. After looking at them all SWMO was really happy with the purchase. Once relieved and installed I will post pics

Philip *AZ*

Banned
My only issue with most of these companies is how expensive their stuff is. PS is $1275 for the rear and $618 for a decent front. Just too much for me..

Bessie

LoD rear bumper and tire carrier is being installed tomorrow. Had everything that we (it is her Jeep, my accessories). She wanted the tire carrier attached to the door. I wanted lights with the integrated hitch. LoD custom mounted the wire plug for the trailer. Looks solid and well built.

lmkeck

Around 200 for my front setup and bought evo d shackle frame mounts for the rear... ~$160

rtguy1

Will be purchasing a front bumper over the next couple of weeks, among other things, and wanted to get some pics to show my CFO...wife. She like the look of the AEV front bumper with the tube.

Regarding the rear bumper, no need for a tire carrier as we went with the TF HD carrier. No real rush.

Side note:
Will be getting a Warn Zeon winch at the same time the bumper is purchased.

Current setup:
JKUS...lol
RK 2.5 lift on 35s
Stock fenders no plans to replace or cut...yet

Thanks for the help...

Aev front is nice if you like the style. Pricey though. It is a full width bumper that provides protections all the way across. It has been crash tested by chrysler and works perfect with airbags. It's included on the mw3 models, but without the tube. It needs to modified to fit the Zeon winch in there. The Zeon is super wide. There is some info on the mods needed to fit the zeon on the aev forum.

otisnruby

Just ordered the LoD Mid width front bumper with winch guard and their rear bumper with gen 3 tire carrier. After looking at them all SWMO was really happy with the purchase. Once relieved and installed I will post pics
I await the pics :yup:

If you like the open front the poison Spyder is outstanding..
The open look is growing on me but not yet there yet

My only issue with most of these companies is how expensive their stuff is. PS is $1275 for the rear and $618 for a decent front. Just too much for me..

Will not disagree with that...

LoD rear bumper and tire carrier is being installed tomorrow. Had everything that we (it is her Jeep, my accessories). She wanted the tire carrier attached to the door. I wanted lights with the integrated hitch. LoD custom mounted the wire plug for the trailer. Looks solid and well built.
Please post pics

otisnruby

Here are mine.

Rugged Ridge w/RRC front

View attachment 21348

Rock Slide Engineering rear

View attachment 21349
Thanks for the pic. RSE bumpers were the 1st we looked at. I like the Rigid Series Front , she hated it. We both like the rear bumper.

Aev front is nice if you like the style. Pricey though. It is a full width bumper that provides protections all the way across. It has been crash tested by chrysler and works perfect with airbags. It's included on the mw3 models, but without the tube. It needs to modified to fit the Zeon winch in there. The Zeon is super wide. There is some info on the mods needed to fit the zeon on the aev forum.
Thanks for the info related the the Zeon. I guess we are actually buying a bumper to wrap around the winch...

Around 200 for my front setup and bought evo d shackle frame mounts for the rear... ~$160

Wow, that is the way to go

bl17z90

The AEV (American Expendition Vehicles) bumpers are made for the "overland" crowd and honstely don't match each other in looks :thinking:
The reason this might be a problem for some is because they fully wrap around the front and rear, what i mean is the edge of them stops right under the stock fenders.

However they are both solid and the rear has i think a 10 gallon (might be less) water tank for long trips. Another good note about the front is it is a little bit taller than most bumpers so it will fully cover/protect your winch but as said above the zeon might not fit.

F48719638.jpg

aev-10305010aa.jpg

otisnruby

The AEV (American Expendition Vehicles) bumpers are made for the "overland" crowd and honstely don't match each other in looks :thinking:
The reason this might be a problem for some is because they fully wrap around the front and rear, what i mean is the edge of them stops right under the stock fenders.

However they are both solid and the rear has i think a 10 gallon (might be less) water tank for long trips. Another good note about the front is it is a little bit taller than most bumpers so it will fully cover/protect your winch but as said above the zeon might not fit.

View attachment 21422

View attachment 21423

Thanks for the info.
Regarding the Zeon fit, you are correct slight modification is needed for the install. However, the 9.5x series will slide right in.

otisnruby

Thanks to you all for providing additional insight for our decision. We have purchased the AEV, saved several hundred on it. Later will get the rear bumper either the LOD, the new EVO (prototype look good), or may go custom (based on quality & cost).

Last edited:
Top Bottom