Which frame mounted sliders for EVO LA's

CalSgt

Hooked
Who makes frame mounted rock sliders for a JLU that will work with the EVO long arm kit? It seems like most of the sliders will interfere with the rear long arm bracket?

I currently have the LOD Destroyer sliders, I dented the passenger side pretty badly and am debating on repairing them then modifying the mounts to work but also considering something else...

The poison spider ones look like they might work but I don't know anything about the brand.

jesse3638

Hooked
Who makes frame mounted rock sliders for a JLU that will work with the EVO long arm kit? It seems like most of the sliders will interfere with the rear long arm bracket?

I currently have the LOD Destroyer sliders, I dented the passenger side pretty badly and am debating on repairing them then modifying the mounts to work but also considering something else...

The poison spider ones look like they might work but I don't know anything about the brand.
I have the JKU version of PS Brawler Rockers. They are stout and have held up well. They are similar to the EVO Boatside sliders Eddie installed on Jet Li.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

CalSgt

Hooked
Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
The boat side type might be the only option, I am really hoping for something frame mounted though.

ETA:

These are the only option PS has for the JL

https://shop.poisonspyder.com/JL-Wrangler-Rocker-Armor-p/20-08-030p1.htm
Yeah if you're looking for something that can take a hit I'd probably skip those and go with the EVO boats side sliders. Those you posted are like the rocker knockers for the JK. They mount to the pinch seem and body mount bolts. That doesn't seem to be the most ideal if you want them to be able to take a hit. This is why I went with the Brawler Rockers which mount to armor attached to the body. It helps spread an impact along a much larger surface area. They still are probably not as strong as the EVO frame mounted sliders but I've been really happy with them.

BaddestCross

Yeah if you're looking for something that can take a hit I'd probably skip those and go with the EVO boats side sliders. Those you posted are like the rocker knockers for the JK. They mount to the pinch seem and body mount bolts. That doesn't seem to be the most ideal if you want them to be able to take a hit. This is why I went with the Brawler Rockers which mount to armor attached to the body. It helps spread an impact along a much larger surface area. They still are probably not as strong as the EVO frame mounted sliders but I've been really happy with them.

Hey now! The PS bolt-ons can take pretty good hits... Ask me how I know [emoji849]

That being said, they may not work with the long arm kit because of the bolt locations. The OP may need to go with weld-ons.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

CalSgt

Hooked
Hey now! The PS bolt-ons can take pretty good hits... Ask me how I know [emoji849]

That being said, they may not work with the long arm kit because of the bolt locations. The OP may need to go with weld-ons.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

LOL... Can't find weld on's either

jesse3638

Watching the install video shows them mount to the frame, and the frame outriggers where the body is bolted on.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I had LoD Offroad Signature Series slider with the Evo MFg high clearance long arms on my ‘15 JKU. No fitment issues at all.

Edit: I just realized this was a JL post. My info is useless. Forgive my idiocy. [emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Which one will come out first? Weld on sliders or a JT engine skid plate? [emoji38] I’m not holding out for either one.

[emoji848] I think Bubba needs to step up and create some!!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Clutch

Caught the Bug
Crawler Concepts has weld-ons that I've had my eye on but I don't know if they'll interfere with the LA mounts.

http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.php/jeep-jl-18-21/jl-rockers/jk-4-door-frame-mounted-rockers.html

VKS makes them as well, but, well VKS....

Or like me, you can wait 3 weeks for EVO's weld-ons to come out :rolleyes2:

Say what you will about VKS, but I’ve seen their bumper in person and it has nice welds, looks nice, is tough, and inexpensive.

Ddays

Hooked
Side question, so will I need to modify the Evo frame mounts when I convert my JK to the high clearance kit?

Sent from my SM-G781V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jeff and Jerry had to modify them as well. They can give you some insight.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

I’m wondering the same...

I don't recall any mods needed for the high clearance mounts. I'll take some good pics & post when I get home this evening.

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Crawler Concepts has weld-ons that I've had my eye on but I don't know if they'll interfere with the LA mounts.

http://crawlerconceptz.com/index.php/jeep-jl-18-21/jl-rockers/jk-4-door-frame-mounted-rockers.html

VKS makes them as well, but, well VKS....

Or like me, you can wait 3 weeks for EVO's weld-ons to come out :rolleyes2:

I know people’s opinions on VKS but I run their bolt ons for my jku and they have taken some very serious abuse with ZERO issue. I cut the mount off due to interference with my long arm and just welded it out of the way. Still holding just fine. Not relative to a JL but sharing an option for whatever brand you decide.

Top Bottom