ProRock 44 Track Bar Hole Oval’ed Slop

aermotor

ProRock 44 Track Bar Hole Oval’ed Slop — FIXED!

Have gotten some death wobble in the last week so took things apart to investigate, turns out the axle side bracket holes on my ProRock 44 are oval'ed out. Looking for opinions on a solid fix. I've seen people say weld on washers but I question if that's enough? Dynatrac HD BallJoints are still solid. Tires are balanced.

ETA: Update below with fixed solution.

Thanks!

ezgif-6-fb6d77ab6f9c.gif

Last edited:

fiend

Caught the Bug
You need to fix that slop. Welding on some washers is probably the easiest fix. Filling the holes and re-redrilling is another, but more work.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Have gotten some death wobble in the last week so took things apart to investigate, turns out the axle side bracket holes on my ProRock 44 are oval'ed out. Looking for opinions on a solid fix. I've seen people say weld on washers but I question if that's enough? Dynatrac HD BallJoints are still solid. Tires are balanced.

Thanks!

ezgif-6-fb6d77ab6f9c.gif

Damn, even with that thick bracket. That’s impressive.

When my stock tin foil track bar bracket got wallowed out worse than that, I drilled a hole in a little piece of 1/4” plate and welded the plate over the existing bracket. Worked well. Like Fiend said, plugging and redrilling would be the best bet, but more work. I’m sure the brackets are mild steel...therefore no problem plugging with mig wire. Of course it will be harder steel to have to drill through. But definitely possible with the right drill. I digress...good luck.

JKbrick

Thanks!

ezgif-6-fb6d77ab6f9c.gif

Was the bolt loose or something?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kyle521

This happens from the bolt being loose rather than a fault in the bracket. Quick fix is welding on washers

bmkrinne

OEM track bar bolt is an M14 and slightly loose in the Dynatrac bracket holes. Mine was moving as well and caught it after about a 500 miles on my PR44. I measured the holes and a 9/16” bolt fit quite a bit better and tightened everything up.

Sucks yours got wallowed out. By the way, check the frame side also as mine was slightly egged there as well. 9/16” bolt tightened it up.

BlueRubicon

Caught the Bug
OEM track bar bolt is an M14 and slightly loose in the Dynatrac bracket holes. Mine was moving as well and caught it after about a 500 miles on my PR44. I measured the holes and a 9/16” bolt fit quite a bit better and tightened everything up.

Sucks yours got wallowed out. By the way, check the frame side also as mine was slightly egged there as well. 9/16” bolt tightened it up.

9/16" bolt fit through track bar then I presume?

aermotor

Bolt was not or ever loose, no. I've beaten on this thing pretty good over 50K miles. Have always had a 9/16 bolt since I got the PR44.

I didn't like the idea of just a standard washer so I ended up buying some stepped washers from Kartek—no affiliation just found them through google. Amazing product. It adds roughly 3/8" to both sides giving a huge amount of support and strength. I'm also getting the Synergy frame bracket to help with that side.

Step 1: Make template in scrap piece
Step 2: Clamp to track bar bracket
Step 3: Drill out 1" hole both sides
Step 4: Fit stepped washer
Step 5: Weld in

Really happy with how it turned out.

tbfix01.jpg

tbfix02.jpg

tbfix03.jpg

tbfix04.jpg

tbfix05.jpg

tbfix06.jpg