VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Rocotillo Rapids & Habanero Falls New Mexico / PART 1

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For the first time in almost 20 years, Cindy and I did not get to spend the first week of November in Las Vegas, Nevada, like we always do and to cover all the cool new parts, accessories, wheels and tires being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. I am of course talking about the world famous SEMA Show and just like everything else in this crazy dumpster fire of a year, the show got cancelled. Fortunately, not all was lost and all thanks to Nitto as they decided to hold their 10th Annual JK-Experience on that week instead. And, as luck would have it, we were invited to join in on the fun! Presented by KMC Wheels, this awesome adventure would start in Las Cruces, New Mexico and take us all the way to Barstow, California almost 800 miles to the west and loosely following the original route of the very first JK-Experience.

In this first of a 3 part series, you'll get to see us put our Jeeps to the test in the canyons and mountains surrounding Las Cruces, New Mexico. In fact, our very first day would be a shakedown run up in the Robledo Mountains and in an area known as the Prehistoric Trackways. This is where big rocks and steep ledges can be found on trails such as Rocotillo Rapids and Habanero Falls. We hope you enjoy.

PARENTAL ADVISORY: Please be advised that there is some minor, un-edited swearing in this video.

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels or any of the sponsors such as EVO Manufacturing, Off Road Evolution, PSC Performance Steering, Synergy, WARN, King Shocks, Currie, Dana Spicer, Cover King, Dave's Smokin BBQ, Pelican or Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20201115111608-e45ee716-me.jpg

Rockin good time out in Las Cruces :thumb:

fiend

Caught the Bug
Sweet. Thanks for posting. Looking forward to checking it out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

DMF

Nice Cindy, show them how it's done! Love the video guys! Cant wait for the next video!

Brute

Hooked
I’m looking forward to watching it on a bigger screen than my phone soon...but if there is fucking swearing in it, well I dunno...”

wjtstudios

Hooked
What a Crazy first day for a warm up run! It sucked seeing Moby shut down at the beginning, but I guess we all new that was coming. The LT sounds insane in the trail!

Cant wait for the installment!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

JT@623

Hooked
Thanks for taking us along for the ride if that’s just the shake down run the road ahead ought to be interesting :thumb:

Irish JK

Caught the Bug
Thanks Cindy and Eddie for the video memories!

First day was a bit interesting for Adam and I as we lost the AC compressor, broke a sway bar end link, had issues with no lockers that ultimately ended up being the ARB compressor pressure switch being stuck. After a pre-trip maintenance, we were also a couple of quarts low on the transmission loop which lead to slipping on some waterfalls. Oh, and broke a winch line all on the first day “shakedown”.

Thanks to a little help from others, we were able to pretty much work through the issues and keep moving with the group all day and make repairs with Eddie’s help that evening.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Man what a great day 1. If that’s a shakedown then what the fuck kind of shenanigans ensued in the subsequent days?!?! Can’t wait to see more. [emoji482]

benatc1

Hooked
That was a serious trail, looking fwd to seeing the rest of the trip! That poor 2 door had his work cut out for him, but he was out there.

I've actually been to that hotel, friend got married there a couple years ago, not sure if it was open due to everything, but a pretty decent size bar on the far side that was a good time

Sent from my HD1905 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
great intro!! sucked that it was based on reality

nothing like the rumbling of a V8, was everyone on 40's?

skid plates got a workout, that was a hell of a shakedown! :thumb:

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was an amazing video! I’m glad Moby was good through New Mexico so you guys were able to experience what we have here. Very bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome video and looks like an even better shake down run! The trail really put all the JK's to the test. Looking forward to more videos to come. :thumb:

Top Bottom