New to the group with a BIG PROBLEM!!!

I own a 2015 Rubicon and after I went on a very short trail run and did not do anything too difficult. I am running 35 KO2 on 17 inch Dirty Life DT2 beadlocks (4.10 gearing) and I have an AEV 2.5 inch lift. on flat ground very low speed I was pulling off to let the jeep cool down after down a endurance trail nothing too difficult and when I turned the engine back over the Jeep would not come out of neutral, I was able to move it into any gear including reverse without pushing the clutch in but the jeep never actually changed gears, I was able to have another jeep pull me out of the park, nothing was binding all tires spun as they should with no could showing damaged axles, differentials, drive shafts, ect. So not I am just trying to figure out is going on just in case my extended warranty does not cover the repair.

a little bit about the jeep

2015 JKUR
35 inch 35 12.5 17
17 x 10.5 Dirty Life DT2 wheels with beadlock rings installed
Manual Transmission
4.10 gearing

I did verify every would move as it should no internal noises that shouldn't be there and jeep moves with no problem, does anyone have any thoughts?

I own a 2015 Rubicon and after I went on a very short trail run and did not do anything too difficult. I am running 35 KO2 on 17 inch Dirty Life DT2 beadlocks (4.10 gearing) and I have an AEV 2.5 inch lift. on flat ground very low speed I was pulling off to let the jeep cool down after down a endurance trail nothing too difficult and when I turned the engine back over the Jeep would not come out of neutral, I was able to move it into any gear including reverse without pushing the clutch in but the jeep never actually changed gears, I was able to have another jeep pull me out of the park, nothing was binding all tires spun as they should with no could showing damaged axles, differentials, drive shafts, ect. So not I am just trying to figure out is going on just in case my extended warranty does not cover the repair.

a little bit about the jeep

2015 JKUR
35 inch 35 12.5 17
17 x 10.5 Dirty Life DT2 wheels with beadlock rings installed
Manual Transmission
4.10 gearing

I did verify every would move as it should no internal noises that shouldn't be there and jeep moves with no problem, does anyone have any thoughts?

Welcome. I’d start with checking all the linkage starting at the shifter and working your way back. Have someone inside pushing on the clutch pedal while you watch the clutch fork to make sure it’s moving. I’m willing to bet it’s something simple like that.

Good luck.

jesse3638

Hooked
Welcome!
I know this sounds stupid, but are you positive that you didn’t accidentally hit your transfer case into neutral?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
What I was thinking [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE
I have a 2012 manual and have done this. Also if its not showing in neutral check the T-case linkage and see if the little plastic bushing which holds the cable broke. In a pinch you should be able to use channel locks to shift it back into 2HI if it did break. I had to do this on an XJ. The 4wd shifter was just flopping around.

Sent from my SM-G973U using WAYALIFE mobile app

As everyone stated it’s likely your tcase stuck in neutral for whatever reason. If your clutch was going you would’ve known long before it let go to nothingness and with a manual you are physically inserting it into a gear, it’s definitely not in neutral.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom