Ridge Grapplers for east coast wheeling

nodnarb706

I’m reading some conflicting reviews on Nitto Ridge Grapplers. A lot of people seem to really like them and them being so quiet is appealing, but then I find some reviews that make me question if I’d be happy with them. My Jeep sees mostly highway driving, but I do live where we deal with a decent amount of mud on trails. I live pretty close to Windrock Park in Oliver Springs, TN and that’s what most of the wheeling I have nearby is like. I really hope Eddie chimes in because I know he’s wheeled side by side with people running Ridge Grapplers and I’m curious how they compare to the Nitto Trail Grappler and Cooper STT Pro off road.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think this video will help give you a pretty good idea of how they do back in your neck of the woods. It was wet out and the rocks were slick as ever and in spite of it, Synergy was able to work them. Watch at about 8 min in and you'll see how they hooked up well.

nodnarb706

I think this video will help give you a pretty good idea of how they do back in your neck of the woods. It was wet out and the rocks were slick as ever and in spite of it, Synergy was able to work them. Watch at about 8 min in and you'll see how they hooked up well.

Thank you. I had just started going through the Lobstah Quest videos. Thanks for getting me to exactly what I wanted to see. Going by that they seem like they would probably do what I need them to. Do you have any idea how they perform in mud and snow? I’m currently running STT Pros but Mopar is running a tire sale and I was quoted $238 per tire for 35/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers so I thought I may try them. The Trail Grapplers are a similar price. Unfortunately they don’t carry Cooper, so I thought for that price I’d try something new and I keep hearing how quiet the Ridge Grapplers are supposed to be.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thank you. I had just started going through the Lobstah Quest videos. Thanks for getting me to exactly what I wanted to see. Going by that they seem like they would probably do what I need them to. Do you have any idea how they perform in mud and snow? I’m currently running STT Pros but Mopar is running a tire sale and I was quoted $238 per tire for 35/12.50/17 Ridge Grapplers so I thought I may try them. The Trail Grapplers are a similar price. Unfortunately they don’t carry Cooper, so I thought for that price I’d try something new and I keep hearing how quiet the Ridge Grapplers are supposed to be.

When I wheeled with Ddays last year in the snow the ridge grapplers had tons of grip for how mild of a tire they are compared to the coopers and trail grapplers. It’s the reason I got them for my JL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thanks to all the siping, they perform better than a trail grappler in mud and snow.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I love them on my Ram. I’ve had no complaints with them and have had them for almost 30k. They’ve been great on the road, snow, mud and for me towing. Can’t truly speak for the trail, but they got me in snd out of job sites in the spring mud when most of my guys parked and walked into the site. I will be buying another set when these wear out.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

CalSgt

Hooked
Can someone tell me the difference between the Nitto Ridge Grapple and Terra Grappler? Which is better for a trail adventure? How do these tires perform on a wet or slippery road?

Some of the Terra Grapler G2's are literally "qualified for severe snow conditions" (3pmsf rated), whether or not the specific size is rated that way I would be willing to bet it is a better tire for wet slippery roads. There's more siping and more tread blocks that are smaller than that of the Ridge Grappler.

That's just from looking at them, no real life experience with either.

Top Bottom