VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Chile Challenge Trails & Gila Cliff Dwellings New Mexico / PART 2

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
VIDEO : JKX 2020 - Chile Challenge Trails & Gila Cliff Dwellings New Mexico / PART 2

Day 2 of the Nitto JK Dirt Experience would take us to the north of Las Cruces and up into the Caballo Mountains. This is an area that the locals refer to as Area 51 but most know as the location of the current Chile Challenge. Our first trail of the day was a beautiful canyon with some challenging ledges and big rock obstacles and as I was told, is called Hookers Corner. After our 4LO fun, we made our way to the west, up into the Gila National Forest and visited one of the most remote National Monuments in the lower 48, the Gila Cliff Dwellings.

For the first time in almost 20 years, Cindy and I did not get to spend the first week of November in Las Vegas, Nevada, like we always do and to cover all the cool new parts, accessories, wheels and tires being made for the Jeep JL Wrangler and JT Gladiator. I am of course talking about the world famous SEMA Show and just like everything else in this crazy dumpster fire of a year, the show got cancelled. Fortunately, not all was lost and all thanks to Nitto as they decided to hold their 10th Annual JK-Experience on that week instead. And, as luck would have it, we were invited to join in on the fun! Presented by KMC Wheels, this awesome adventure would start in Las Cruces, New Mexico and take us all the way to Barstow, California almost 800 miles to the west and loosely following the original route of the very first JK-Experience.

This video was independently filmed, edited and produced by Cindy and Eddie Oh of WAYALIFE. The opinions and actions of the individuals featured are in no way affiliated with or attributable to Nitto Tire, KMC Wheels or any of the sponsors such as EVO Manufacturing, Off Road Evolution, PSC Performance Steering, Synergy, WARN, King Shocks, Currie, Dana Spicer, Cover King, Dave's Smokin BBQ, Pelican or Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
20201122104605-c2f6b4d9-me.jpg

Good times on Day 2 of the JKX! :rock:

pop2tu

Looks like a great day! Those dwellings look so amazing. Thinking how much work it would have been to build something like that. Thank you for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wjtstudios

Hooked
It never gets old hearing Moby fire up! I do miss the good ole days with EVO1 leading the pack but still great watching Mel work those lines. That one 9’ ledge looked like a blast and those cave dwellings are amazing. Can’t wait till the next episode

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Very cool video. Looks like a fun trail.

Those are amazingly well preserved ruins. A great addition to your adventure.

This series is great. Perfect mix of wheeling, dialogue and scenery. Edited seamlessly. Keep em coming. Thank you!

Bear_JT

Hooked
This was a great video! You guys got to hit some really good areas. Did you get any Chile to take home?

jeeeep

Hooked
The Moby rumble! what a sound....

That's some cool area, the dwellings were pretty amazing.

beanstalk, 6'10 lol, hell of a ledge!

thanks for bringing us along :thumb:

looking forward to the next one!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What an awesome area! Those caves look so cool! Great video!

It really is an awesome area. Wish we could have spent more time at the cliff dwellings and explore the area more. May have to go back with friends sometime :yup:

Great video. Looks fun. Loved the 'Joe and the Hoe' shirt, too.

LOL - I'm surprised that YouTube hasn't suspended our account like Instagram did :rolleyes2:

Awesome videos and great trails!

Thank you and yes, they were! :)

Looks like a great day.

I hope to wheel those trails one day.

Be great to get back out there again. Maybe you can join us at that time :yup:

Just watched both videos. What a trip. Amazing

Glad you enjoyed it :cool:

“He’s a bean stalk.”

🤣🤣

Well... he is :crazyeyes:

Wtf? Lol

Is that how you climb a ladder?

View attachment 355855

umm, technically, I was descending the ladder LOL :crazyeyes: :D

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a great day! Those dwellings look so amazing. Thinking how much work it would have been to build something like that. Thank you for sharing

It was a hell of a fun day and yes, the dwellings were awesome to see. Glad you enjoyed them :yup:

It never gets old hearing Moby fire up! I do miss the good ole days with EVO1 leading the pack but still great watching Mel work those lines. That one 9’ ledge looked like a blast and those cave dwellings are amazing. Can’t wait till the next episode

Crazy fun trails for sure and ones that I don't think the camera could quite do justice on. I've been to other cliff dwellings in the past but these were really cool in that you could actually hike to and explore them without a tour guide. You could really get a sense of what it might have been like to live there. Very cool stuff. :yup:

Moby makin it look easy. :thumb:

LOL - Moby is purpose built :D

Very cool video. Looks like a fun trail.

Those are amazingly well preserved ruins. A great addition to your adventure.

Thank you and so glad that you enjoyed seeing the ruins as well. :cool:

This series is great. Perfect mix of wheeling, dialogue and scenery. Edited seamlessly. Keep em coming. Thank you!

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed our video :blush:

Great stuff. Moby definitely using every last inch of that coilover travel. Looking forward to part 3

LOL - so nice to have, that's for sure :cool:

More good action, those cave dwellings were pretty cool. Looking fwd to part 3!

Glad you enjoyed it and hoping to get 3 up soon :thumb:

Top Bottom