Changing my shocks or coil springs

817Jeeper

I have an 09 Jeep JK rubicon 2 door.
My current setup for the last 16 months have been 2.5 inch Rock Krawler lift with full control arms and falcon 2.1 shocks. I am not a fan of the set up due to its roughness. I’ve read some forums recently saying that the falcon 2.1 and RK lifts are like oil and water.

I do 95% HWY driving and the rest is rock krawling.
I run 37s with 26psi.

I can’t decide if I should swap out shocks or coil springs or maybe both. With it being Black Friday today, I figured this weekend might be the best time to upgrade.

I don’t want to go over 3 inches of lift if possible and money isn’t a huge factor but it is still a factor. Don’t mind spending $1,200-1,500 if it’s going to guarantee me a great setup.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
I have an 09 Jeep JK rubicon 2 door.
My current setup for the last 16 months have been 2.5 inch Rock Krawler lift with full control arms and falcon 2.1 shocks. I am not a fan of the set up due to its roughness. I’ve read some forums recently saying that the falcon 2.1 and RK lifts are like oil and water.

I do 95% HWY driving and the rest is rock krawling.
I run 37s with 26psi.

I can’t decide if I should swap out shocks or coil springs or maybe both. With it being Black Friday today, I figured this weekend might be the best time to upgrade.

I don’t want to go over 3 inches of lift if possible and money isn’t a huge factor but it is still a factor. Don’t mind spending $1,200-1,500 if it’s going to guarantee me a great setup.

Thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions.
I would suggest start with the coils. EVO Plush Rides are highly recommended.

CalSgt

Hooked
I would suggest start with the coils. EVO Plush Rides are highly recommended.

I second the EVO plush rides, my 3.5" plush rides on the JL were nearly as comfy as my stock Rubicon springs.

Edit: I was running them with Rancho 5000's that I won on this forum, pretty decent for $60-$70 shocks.

JKbrick

I have an 09 JK 2 door rubicon as well, EVO 3” plush ride coils and Fox shocks. I had started with JKS coils and it made a huge difference when I went to the plush rides. So much so my wife even noticed, and she could give 2 shits about the Jeep. My only thing I could say is the Fox shocks seem harsh at very low speeds, like a speed bump on a street, but if your moving along it’s a great ride.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Clutch

Caught the Bug
If you go with Evo coils, keep in mind that they’ll give a 2 door and extra inch of lift. So the 3” will give you 4”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
...another vote for plush rides here. I've got a 17 2dr running 3" evo plush rides(they're closer to 4" on a 2dr) and RS9000s. I'm running 37s at 28 psi and the ride is quite comfy. I don't think you can go wrong with the evo springs for ride quality

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
I went from RK to Evo springs and never looked back. However- the RK's paired with Fox shocks was pretty good, but rear springs sagged. The Plushrides didn't like the Fox, so I went to King and it's perfect. Not sure how Plushrides will pair with the Falcons.

JKbrick

I went from RK to Evo springs and never looked back. However- the RK's paired with Fox shocks was pretty good, but rear springs sagged. The Plushrides didn't like the Fox, so I went to King and it's perfect. Not sure how Plushrides will pair with the Falcons.

Thanks, now I need to get some Kings too!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TheGrendel

Don’t sleep on the Synergy springs. I ran the 3 inch on my JKU along with King 2.5 shocks. Rode amazingly well.

817Jeeper

Thanks guys, just purchased EVO plush 3” coils.
I’m going to try these with my Falcon 2.1 for a few weeks and then change the shocks if I’m not happy.

Is there a specific shock or two that works great with these springs?
I did some research today (Covid positive so have to stay home for 12 more days) and found different answers but the post were a few years old.

Thanks again guys, this forum is by far the best Jeep forum I’ve read or been a part of.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks guys, just purchased EVO plush 3” coils.
I’m going to try these with my Falcon 2.1 for a few weeks and then change the shocks if I’m not happy.

Is there a specific shock or two that works great with these springs?
I did some research today (Covid positive so have to stay home for 12 more days) and found different answers but the post were a few years old.

Thanks again guys, this forum is by far the best Jeep forum I’ve read or been a part of.

Rancho 9000s on the low price end and king 2.5” adjustables on the high price end. The Kings are the best out there in my opinion, just pricy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Rancho 9000s on the low price end and king 2.5” adjustables on the high price end. The Kings are the best out there in my opinion, just pricy.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler
I'm running the RS9000s and the evo 3" plush rides, they're adjustable so you can fine tune your ride. I've adjusted mine 3 times and one of those times was just to see if I could actually feel the difference. I think it was overlander that said the 7000s were the best bang for the buck because most people wouldn't regularly adjust them. I wouldn't disagree with him on that, half the time I forget they're adjustable and the other half I don't feel like lying under the jeep to adjust them.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
I'm running the RS9000s and the evo 3" plush rides, they're adjustable so you can fine tune your ride. I've adjusted mine 3 times and one of those times was just to see if I could actually feel the difference. I think it was overlander that said the 7000s were the best bang for the buck because most people wouldn't regularly adjust them. I wouldn't disagree with him on that, half the time I forget they're adjustable and the other half I don't feel like lying under the jeep to adjust them.

I could be wrong but I think the 7000s are basically set to the middle range of the 9000s which is where mine are set anyway

Top Bottom